Furry subculture

Started by Imperial fox, November 07, 2006, 03:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distracting

Quote from: Azlan on November 30, 2006, 01:11:01 AM
Quote from: The DXM on November 29, 2006, 06:15:03 PM

I'd rather see a furry president, not a furry celebrity. We need acceptance, not an embracement. Why? Because once half the world does the furry thing, it will be approached more as a cliche than it EVER has been before.

Never happen lad... if it does, I'll buy you a pony.

Screw the pony, he'd deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

The only way that the view of so many people could change is with mind control or a sudden acceptance of everything. One person can not change the world; only many, many people could do that. Even more so for your idea. Unfortunately, I doubt the mindset of the population will change if the president is a furry or not.

Alondro

Oh, one person can change the world.  In fact, it's never been easier.  Of course, you have to broaden your group of what sorts of changes can be initiated.   *dabbles with... things... in the lab at 4 am... all alone... where no one can see the horrors... >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Reese Tora

Quote from: The DXM on November 29, 2006, 06:15:03 PM
I personally wouldn't ever want to see the 'in-crowd' take to the furry culture. The fact that the fandom isn't part of popular culture, yet is still a force to be reckoned with is somehow appealing to me.

I'd rather see a furry president, not a furry celebrity. We need acceptance, not an embracement. Why? Because once half the world does the furry thing, it will be approached more as a cliche than it EVER has been before.

There is something to be said for becoming cliched, so long as it isn't based on negative stereotyping.  I would also call it a step towards (or within) acceptance to become cliche.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation