11-7-06: Intent to kill? Check.

Started by willow186129, November 06, 2006, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 07, 2006, 04:27:38 PM
... so how does it protect you from me dropping a handful of ants down the back of your shirt, then?

It doesn't. But I'd like to see you try.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Kibin on November 07, 2006, 04:31:26 PM
Maybe it's a MAGIC MALLET? It almost looks like, in the last panel, the hammer isn't fully there where the mallet meets the handle. Perhaps it's simply a stick, and when wielded with the intent to thwack someone with, it becomes a full-fledged mallet.
It's still phasing in, is all. It'll be a full hammer in a few moments. :eager
Jeez I need to update this thing.

DigitalMan

Bear in mind, folks, that "hammerspace" isn't remotely the only means of pulling an object out of nowhere. There are a variety of potential methods, and it may or may not be explained or defined. But apparently we do know from the cast page that Alexsi's ability to pull the hammer from nowhere is hers, and not a part of the hammer its self.

I thought I read something about it being called the "Eject Mallet" somewhere... am I hallucinating?

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on November 07, 2006, 12:34:56 PM
Quote from: ITOS on November 07, 2006, 11:11:05 AM
Oh! And my guess is that the gazelle is a demon. :P

She doesn't need to be a demon, she's a secretary. Our wrath is subtle yet all-pervasive. Once you become our prey your descent to hell is so slow and steady that you never notice at what point it began. We hold dominion over all paper and office machinery. There are no accidents. And now that I have told you our secrets I must curse your printer to break and your letters to have ridiculous typos. <disappears in a cloud of toner>

Badass. Absolute badass.

To be perfectly honest, I think the gazelle will get out of this unscathed. Maybe even get Alexsi to calm down. And you know that's the most off-the-wall speculation here D:

Stygian

No, it's perfectly rational. What with Alexsi being in a very unfamiliar situation, and the gazelle being the only one present to answer all questions (plus, even though she might not be forthcoming she still gives off an air of knowledge) she is going to threaten her and then either try and leave on her own or use the gaz as a "shield" of sorts.

That, or the gazelle actually does turn out to be a demon. Which wouldn't really be that big a surprise...

Faerie Alex

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 07, 2006, 07:30:04 PM
I thought I read something about it being called the "Eject Mallet" somewhere... am I hallucinating?
Somewhere...In the cast pages, it says "...a large mallet she carries as a means of ejecting..." but I think I saw it somewhere as being called the "eject (or ejection) mallet."
Jeez I need to update this thing.

ChaosTiger

Quote from: modelincard on November 07, 2006, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on November 07, 2006, 07:30:04 PM
Somewhere...In the cast pages, it says "...a large mallet she carries as a means of ejecting..." but I think I saw it somewhere as being called the "eject (or ejection) mallet."
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_008.php

read the word on the hammer in the last frame... :D

DigitalMan

Well there ya go :U I actually never noticed it there, but at least I know I'm probably not hallucinating about reading it elsewhere.

Alan Garou

Poor pikachu. Oh well, there's more where that came from. They're mice, for cripe's sake.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 07, 2006, 09:19:54 PM
Poor pikachu. Oh well, there's more where that came from. They're mice, for cripe's sake.
I preffered the way Dan disposed of Pikachu.
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_012.php

ShiningShadow

On the Alexsi issue eject hammer I think it's a magic spell that store weapons armor etc in a space to be pulled out at a moment notice. Like a small wormhole with closet space. To have something manmade something like that then you have the extra equipment lugging around not cool. I think someone taught them that spell maybe when Dan was younger and learned that spell and taught Alexsi the same spell and she learned it very well. Thus the Hammer appearing out of thin air Alexsi know this spell so well she thought it and it appears without a second thought.

Aridas

Kibin

It's a 'ban hammer'. Except in furcadia, you eject people instead... so eject hammer.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Kibin on November 08, 2006, 10:08:47 AM
It's a 'ban hammer'. Except in furcadia, you eject people instead... so eject hammer.

Don't you flatten people with a hammer. Instead of ejecting them I prefered flatting them like pancakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmm with maple syrup. :dribble :dribble.That's how I see the proper use of the hammer.

Stygian

It's a vector trap! The hammer exists not in some parallel universe or conveniently created extradimensional storage-pocket, since that would mean having to navigate and find the hammer again every single time you have to pull it out. All you do is fold space around it by bending it using an isolated gravity continuum effect, and the hammer vanishes into itself like a little idiot.

On another note, I don't like the Zone of The Enders story and animes, but I loved the games. Hyper-fast hack'n slash - just my style.

"He's right! It's a trap!" - Admiral Ackbar

DigitalMan

Well what's wrong with man-made devices and/or pocket dimensions? That's my method, and I'm sure Jyrras could create something just as small and convenient. But apparently it's specifically an ability...

I say that's worthy of another QftR page. "Where does Alexsi pull that hammer from, and how?"

Supercheese

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 08, 2006, 04:38:26 PM
I say that's worthy of another QftR page. "Where does Alexsi pull that hammer from, and how?"

I disagree. There are several better topics I can think of off the top of my head.

Stygian

Well what's wrong with man-made devices and/or pocket dimensions? That's my method, and I'm sure Jyrras could create something just as small and convenient. But apparently it's specifically an ability...

It's a huge waste of energy and an overcomplication. Just trap it, and it stays put.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Supercheese on November 08, 2006, 04:54:47 PM

I disagree. There are several better topics I can think of off the top of my head.

Well, that's definitely true. I think I'd settle for any questions answered :. Like, um... Well, I can't think of any off the top of my head, so I'll leave that up to you.

Quote from: Stygian on November 08, 2006, 04:59:24 PM

It's a huge waste of energy and an overcomplication. Just trap it, and it stays put.

Nuh-uh, not with a portal device. But then if you lose the device you have to gather enough energy to break dimensional barriers by yourself, and that's a hassle...

Aridas

Does breaking the 4th wall count? It seems like everyone can do that in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 08, 2006, 05:20:52 PM
Well, that's definitely true. I think I'd settle for any questions answered :. Like, um... Well, I can't think of any off the top of my head, so I'll leave that up to you.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_207.php
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

willow186129

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 08, 2006, 07:51:06 AM
or maybe...

IT'S A COMIC

But we can never be too sure! *gasp* IT COULD ALL BE AN ILLUSION!

e_voyager

chuckles. half the fun of comics is make connections between  unreal things.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Quote from: Smiles on November 08, 2006, 08:04:20 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 08, 2006, 07:51:06 AM
or maybe...

IT'S A COMIC

But we can never be too sure! *gasp* IT COULD ALL BE AN ILLUSION!
WHAT IF WE'RE THE COMIC AND IT'S REAL LIFE?! D:

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on November 08, 2006, 02:46:19 PM
It's a vector trap! The hammer exists not in some parallel universe or conveniently created extradimensional storage-pocket, since that would mean having to navigate and find the hammer again every single time you have to pull it out. All you do is fold space around it by bending it using an isolated gravity continuum effect, and the hammer vanishes into itself like a little idiot.

On another note, I don't like the Zone of The Enders story and animes, but I loved the games. Hyper-fast hack'n slash - just my style.

"He's right! It's a trap!" - Admiral Ackbar

:yeahthat

That has to be the obivious choice Then I will ask the question to Amber  "Amber where does Alexsi Hammer comes from when she calls for it from some nameless void?" I hope she see this and answer it here or in the strip which is highly unlikely.

Madmann135

Ah... Vector trap.  Using medatron to generate false space and store weapons and Items in it.

I can see Jyrras building something like that, getting the right materials and such and building a Vector trap like Device.

I'm going to stick with one of two things.
1- the hammer can srink and grow in size per Alexsi Will
2- Hammer stored in a other plane of reality and summoned per her will

Though using the hammer as an Eject weapon does imply her skills as a combatant.  It's easy to fight someone and kill them but it's hard to fight them and leave them able to move and walk freely but still be defeated.  Ejecting someone from your Bar is in a way a sign of strength and skills.  I wonder what's her furthest Ejected record.

I wanna hear 200+ feet but that would be unrealistic and plain funny/cool.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ITOS

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 09, 2006, 09:55:48 AM

Depends if you count Pokémons. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Stygian

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 09, 2006, 09:55:48 AM
Ah... Vector trap.  Using medatron to generate false space and store weapons and Items in it.

I can see Jyrras building something like that, getting the right materials and such and building a Vector trap like Device.

I'm going to stick with one of two things.
1- the hammer can srink and grow in size per Alexsi Will
2- Hammer stored in a other plane of reality and summoned per her will

Though using the hammer as an Eject weapon does imply her skills as a combatant.  It's easy to fight someone and kill them but it's hard to fight them and leave them able to move and walk freely but still be defeated.  Ejecting someone from your Bar is in a way a sign of strength and skills.  I wonder what's her furthest Ejected record.

Nah. Don't mind the metatron; it's just the power source. And I find the concept of Metatron quite silly. To me, Metatron (μετá θρóνος, Zerahiayah, Atarniel...) is a Seraphim, an angel of the first order. He is depicted as a keeper, an arbiter or a guardian. There's also a geometric formation called a Metatron's cube, related to Platonic solids and to the Flower of Life... and stuff.

As for the "false" space, it isn't really false, just folded. Otherwise it would be the same thing as what DigitalMan said.

And I go for the "IT'S MAGIC, YOU STUPID IDIOT!" explanation, even though both I and my character loathe magic and outrageously unexplainable things. Why? Since it means I don't have to bother...

ShiningShadow

But the cool thing about this. Is that Amber will not explain Alexsi Hammer and where it is, even if she does it will bring more speculation and questions. Finally when does Daniella will have the urge to go to the bathroom and trying to decide which on *Oh the Humanity* >:3 :mwaha

Aridas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 09, 2006, 11:56:51 AM
Amber will not explain Alexsi Hammer and where it is,
It already SAYS that they are pulled out of NOWHERE as someone is likely to do in... A COMIC.

i'm really getting tired of having to repeatedly explain something that needs no explanation...

terrycloth

Quote from: Stygian on November 09, 2006, 11:49:36 AM
As for the "false" space, it isn't really false, just folded. Otherwise it would be the same thing as what DigitalMan said.

How does folding space help you carry it around? I mean, if you *create* some space unconnected to the normal world but with a portal to put stuff in, you can open the portal (or a similar portal) elsewhere and get the stuff back.

But if you just take the space the hammer is sitting in right now and fold it so the hammer disappears, won't that leave the hammer stuck in the exact spot you left it? Meaning that, among other things, it will quickly be whisked off the planet, out of the solar system, and clear out of the galaxy as they all revolve around things?