MORTAL KOMBAT ARMAGEDDON

Started by Zedd, October 20, 2006, 04:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Well seems like this new and final MK game from Midway seems nice in a way...(THough I belive they lie through their asses like any game company) Yet the things to fear mostly....The kreate a fighter seems nice but making moves...Toooooo basic seletection and thousands of Subzero or Scorpian clones....The unlockables are mainly artwork...Though thats the main reason why most people buy this but I want you people take a look and mock along with me...Cause we need to mock MK alot more...Specialy the unlockbles we get

Draksaith

The game itself looks pretty cool but... My complaint is the lack of an MK game for the Xbox 360

Although the Xbox 360 does have *In my opinion* a very good fighter, Dead or Alive 4, it still lacks a fighter where you feel like you just OWNED the other player.

Gareeku

I'm not a fan of the MK series at the best of times. At least not the newer games anyway.

I played this game round my friend's house. I wish i hadn't. This game is terrible. Sorry to any Mortal Kombat fans out there, but it is. The first thing is the sheer amount of lag. My god, i've never known anything like it. D: There was so much i reduced to button-mashing. Hell, Deadly Alliance had less lag, and it looked better, too.

The only thing this game has going for it is the Konquest story mode. Its sad, i used to be a big fan of the mortal kombat games, but now the series is a joke. *goes off to play mortal kombat 3*

Draksaith

I wish the developers would get it right...

The perfect fighting game would be a cross between Super street fighter ability style, Dead or alive character style  :3 and Killer instinct's insane mastery level, all in 3D, on the Xbox 360...

But, it is not to be. *Sigh*

Kenji

Well unfortunately Midway's been goin to crap. The new Gauntlet stunk out loud. Too short, lame level up system, etc, etc. The new Rampage had so few levels, they removed the prospect of the monsters having their own special moves, and the majority of the levels were just different parts of the same city. The past two MK games had a bad selection of characters. I, myself, can say that quite honestly since absolutely none of my characters were in them. The fact that this MK would stink doesn't surprise me at all.

Aridas

Quote from: Zedd on October 20, 2006, 04:21:45 PM
(THough I belive they lie through their asses like any game company)
Uh... that's teeth, not asses.

Zedd

Vidar

Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2006, 02:24:44 AM
My dad says asses

Your dad is old, and therefore wrong. Everyone knows, that as soon as people get kids, they lose track of reality.  :nono
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Zedd

Quote from: Vidar on October 21, 2006, 04:57:46 AM
My dad says asses

Your dad is old, and therefore wrong. Everyone knows, that as soon as people get kids, they lose track of reality.  :nono

He may be old and my adopted father..But he really is a funny dude when he wants to be X3

ninjannihilator

This game is a perfect example of not living up to the hype train. But we all could have expected this one.
Even the 2D Mortal Kombat games sucked. If you play them today and compare them to Street Fighters & King of Fighters the controls were pretty clunky. Surprisingly though, Shaolin Monks was more entertaining than this one and everybody was cursing the game before it came out.

Aridas

Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2006, 05:21:29 AM
My dad says asses

He may be old and my adopted father..But he really is a funny dude when he wants to be X3
Either way, It's mostly about him getting "lying through their teeth" and "talking out their asses" mixed up, I think >.>

Zedd

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 03, 2006, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2006, 05:21:29 AM
My dad says asses

Either way, It's mostly about him getting "lying through their teeth" and "talking out their asses" mixed up, I think >.>

Snowcone?

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Gareeku on October 20, 2006, 04:55:32 PMI'm not a fan of the MK series at the best of times. At least not the newer games anyway.

I played this game round my friend's house. I wish i hadn't. This game is terrible. Sorry to any Mortal Kombat fans out there, but it is. The first thing is the sheer amount of lag. My god, i've never known anything like it. D: There was so much i reduced to button-mashing. Hell, Deadly Alliance had less lag, and it looked better, too.

The only thing this game has going for it is the Konquest story mode. Its sad, i used to be a big fan of the mortal kombat games, but now the series is a joke. *goes off to play mortal kombat 3*
MK:A is even laggier than DA? damn and I thought DA was too lagged already, I really down know what's been going on with MK, it's a fighting game with great chars and great story and a gameplay that keeps going donwhilll
Quote from: Draksaith on October 20, 2006, 05:10:35 PMI wish the developers would get it right...

The perfect fighting game would be a cross between Super street fighter ability style, Dead or alive character style  :3 and Killer instinct's insane mastery level, all in 3D, on the Xbox 360...

But, it is not to be. *Sigh*
hm you have Rare, and you have them working for MS, two ingredients are there tho I prefer KI's char style, T.J. Combo is the coolest fighting game boxer in my opinion :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Stygian

Sorry to be so blatant, but the entire MK series sucks ass, and Armageddon is the epitome of that suckyness. The controls are stiff, the graphics are laggy, the whole story and concept suck ass. You want something that's fun to play? Buy Soul Calibur for the money instead, and STOP THE BUTTON MASH!

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Stygian on November 03, 2006, 06:52:13 PM
Sorry to be so blatant, but the entire MK series sucks ass, and Armageddon is the epitome of that suckyness. The controls are stiff, the graphics are laggy, the whole story and concept suck ass. You want something that's fun to play? Buy Soul Calibur for the money instead, and STOP THE BUTTON MASH!
did you ACTUALLY play the old 2d games? it's just really weird the concept that MK1-UMK3 sucked graphycally in comparison to other games from their times, specially arcade versions, not to mention they had far easier controls than practically ALL other fighting games, because you never had to do some weird controller motion to throw a fireball

and considering tha button mashing on SC results on throwing a lot of random yet powerful special moves, while on Classic MK all you'll get doing it is punching and kicking on the air like an idiot, I fail to see your point on button mashing
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Stygian

The point lies in the fluency of the controls. As an experienced Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive player, I very much appreciate flow and speed, so I can adapt my moves and use my reflexes to maximum advantage. The stiffer and the more sluggish the game is, the less feeling it has and the more the balance shifts to exploitation or simple stupidity. And don't get me started on certain "all-japanese" fighting games, like the Naruto ones, since they take button mashing and exploitation to new heights.