CVRPG & DSWC discussion 9/26/05 -- 9/30/05

Started by Destina Faroda, September 26, 2005, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

It's another week and another CVRPG and DSWC for Monday.

CVRPG was good, and I'm starting to like how these plotlines are tying together.  Of course, all Shaft has to do is mention Blacula escaped and took over then you have an instant fall guy!

And we have a first in DSWC.  Cornell actually moves...his arm.  But that alone makes me want to award the winner of the two.  Still would a judgement be technically be "court costs" or is it separate from the liability expense?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Depends on how I feel I guess...

And that isn't entirely true. He has moved his arm once, and I believe his had has been cast downwards once.

Gabi

Hi. This is Gabi from the DMFA forum, and I'm keeping my tradition of not posting an "I'm new" topic upon joining a forum. I wanted to ask you... what's that about Jewish not being supposed to eat jellyfish? I've been Jewish all my life and I've never heard of such a rule before.

Darkmoon

Damaris

*goes to check*

I see shellfish....

although, if they were keeping kosher (which Frankie obviously is since he cares) I pretty much doubt that they'd be allowed to have jellyfish either.  The list of things that are allowed in a kosher diet are pretty limited, and I believe that any fish or water-dwelling animal have to have scales, certain fins, etc.  Athough, that would be something a good jewish person would have to check with their rabbi on.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

Yeah, I can't be 100% sure about all the restrictions but you're right.  If an animal doesn't have scales and fils but lives underwater, you're not allowed to eat it if you're following a kosher diet.  A kosher diet consists of other restrictions such as the infamous "no pig" rule  as well as not boiling a calf in it's mother's milk, which is taken to mean one doesn't consume milk products and beef in the same meal (which rules out things such as cheesburgers).

As far as today's installments.  For once both are wonderfully hilarious and equal in quality.  I can't declare a winner, really.

CVRPG had me laughing at the first line, but the whole comic was top notch, the best involving Link yet, which is saying something given that Link is one of the high points of the comic.  It also shows Link actually "winning" for once by his own brains and efforts.  It's a very welcome change from his usual position as CVRPG's whipping boy.

On the other hand, DSWC comes up with the unexpected yet again.  I'd never have though Cornell would get motivated enough to actually take on Dracula.  If he keeps up at this rate he might actually...move...and more than an arm...The sad thing is, though, I can't help but root for Drac.  He may be evil, but that doesn't give the heroes right to steal all the money that was in that treasury.  Not iunless they were taking lessons from Mario and Luigi. ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I'd never be able to corssover Mario characters with the CV ones. The heights are way wrong for the size. Mega Man was bad enough...

Gabi

Sorry, I meant shellfish. Who in their right mind would want to eat a jellyfish? >_<

Anyway, I liked the new one too, for the same reason as Destina. Go, Link!

Damaris

Yep, no lobster for the frum. (frum meaning observant, usually orthodox.)

I'm surprised you'd never heard of that though, Gabi.  It's a pretty well known law.

And I like the "hey little anorexic boy" from today.  Cracked me up.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Well, I've never actually read all the laws, but I'd hears of several, like the infamous meat+milk one and its original form, and the one about the kinds of mammals that could be eaten.

I wonder if the guy will manage to sell the shield.

Darkmoon