Join the Driver Crew

Started by Michaelangelo, November 01, 2006, 02:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelangelo

Driver Crew started off as an idea based on a comedical [sic], satire of the Power Rangers. The name Driver comes from an Orange 9mm song named Driver.

So in the tradition of the Power Rangers, members of the forum at VGR (where all this hype originally started) were told to choose a color if they wanted to be a part of the crew. Then, in the tradition of the Clock Crew, members of the Driver Crew were encouraged to make ultra-crappy flash, spurred on continuously by the Green Driver, a.k.a. Toxizen, who today is better known as Johnny Faraone or just Johnny. (Some people know me as Byron. I've gone through many name changes.)

The fact that Power Rangers is so lame really helped further the concept and help people see the humor in having Internet Superheroes. At the point it was created, Power Rangers was going through all those lawsuits and parental scrutiny. So I found that to be hillarious where such a lame show was under the watch of angry parents. Enter the Driver Crew. This was based on all of the hillarious internet wars going on. I seem to recall someone saying "we need a superhero". The joke came at the perfect time. So not only did Driver Crew come about as a satirical version of the Power Rangers, it portrayed Internet Superheroes fighting against Cyber Drama in a really funny way. - Johnny Faraone

[size=14]Driver Crew Helmets[/size][/color]
Every member of the Driver Crew must choose a helmet color or theme. The Helmet defines you as a driver in some way, and as so, must be unique, and your membership will be granted provided that nobody else has taken your color/name.

Though we generally encourage you to choose a color, a theme is also allowed. Check out this huge list of colors, or just think of something creative and stick "Driver" at the end of it. Some of our more creative members include Drunk Driver, Bus Driver, and Worst Coloured Driver.

Once you have chosen your color/theme, download this zip file; it contains the Photoshop .psd document of the original green helmet. Edit it at your leisure to create your very own helmet. Here are some examples of what a helmet may look like:

So whoever is interested in becoming a Driver, grab a helmet and tell us a bit about what your Driver can do:

I'm Green Driver. I'm the ancient of the group. I started it off. Typically the Green Driver character tends to be a very comical leader. He goes on missions and has plots that never usually work out. Although not as strategical as most Drivers, Green usually has a way of getting lucky and getting himself out of tough situations. Green Driver's persona is similar to Sargeant Bilko.

lucas marcone

i am sorry but i can not condone anything that encourages people to make crappy flashes.....that is why im one of the loudist speakers against the clocks locks and glocks. i cant prevent you from doing this but i would strongly advise against this "crew"