Laws that make you go "EH?!"

Started by Alondro, October 25, 2006, 11:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

Here's one I don't understand to be a dumb law:

(North Dakota)

"It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on."

I think this one actually makes sense...you don't want to dirty up your bed than you need to, do you?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

LigerJet

I think the one about tying a giraffe to a telephone pole makes sense too, oddly enough.  Don't want any eaten telephone lines! :O

Supercheese

Quote from: LigerJet on October 26, 2006, 08:02:44 PM
I think the one about tying a giraffe to a telephone pole makes sense too, oddly enough.  Don't want any eaten telephone lines! :O

Or electrocuted giraffes. The zoo would sue, and so would the PETA.

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Alondro on October 25, 2006, 11:19:01 PM
*reforms those crazy laws in typical beauraucratic fashion... by making a single law that combines them all*  It is illegal for a bobbed-haired male teacher to have oral sex with an alligator that's beating his wife in a bathtub floating down the Arkansas river when it's higher than the Little Rock main Street Bridge.*

*nods his head in approval of his reforms*  That's much simpler.   :3

I think I burst my laugh gland XD

Jack McSlay

bleh... there's no brazilian laws listed  :<

but I do remember one that says you can't mail cash... I've even heard of people who had to write checks worth 3 cents due to this
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Anara

I paticularly love the one from NY that states:

Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".

... I am so going to do this next time I'm in NY just because it's so stupid :mwaha

Nikki

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 25, 2006, 09:11:39 PM
I don't know if this stands only in California, but you can be fined $2 each excessive time you push the button for the crosswalk.
:< i'd have a $600 fine...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anara on October 28, 2006, 04:54:01 AM
I paticularly love the one from NY that states:

Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".

I'm not a citizen of New York.  If I went there and did that, would I get into trouble?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

Now that's a dumb law...  :mowtongue  It's almost like New York people are a bunch of kindergarten kids getting in trouble over a little "neener-neener" gesture.   :U

Hm...apparently Nevada has only two dumb laws: It's illegal to drive a camel on the highway, and still "legal" to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property.

Well, I'd agree with the dog one... :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Magic

Philippines.

Cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM.

-- only law I found from the site. It's not really stupid come to think of it, cuts down rush hour traffic in the narrow streets of Metro Manila.

This is actually enforced, and the authorities bend the rules a bit by setting their watches early. Really sucks at going to work as you either have to use mass transit, be really early, or pray to God that you don't pass by any of the street watchers.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

bill

In Kentucky, you may not drive without knowing where you want to go.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 29, 2006, 04:54:40 PM
In Kentucky, you may not drive without knowing where you want to go.

Now that one makes some sense...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius