2006-10-28: Abel's Story

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 27, 2006, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

EDIT: Holy Crap Shakal and Jim Ninja'd  :mowdizzy

One look at him and walked out...hmm...

Perhaps little Devin showed far too little...resemblance, to his father? The red-filter flashback obscures what his father looks like, so one can't be sure, but...
It makes sense. As much sense as this comic makes, anyway.

Supercheese

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 28, 2006, 12:17:35 AM
I think it's a list of what he remembers, since he doesn't remember much.

Ah, yes, that's it! For some reason I completely misread that.  :B

DigitalMan

Shakal might be onto something here... It reminds me of a book that I've long since forgotten the name of. But it's something along the lines of a king looking for a male heir but getting a girl instead. The Incubus wants a cubi to continue the clan, but gets a being instead. It really does make perfect sense.

And we might find out soon. *just read that Abel's story will likely get more updates next week* :eager

e_voyager

and so begin the jealousy explanation as Devin bear his wounds for able to understand. i don't think that these will ever heal still it proves that he has a heart even if it's a broken one.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Madmann135

Well... what do you know.

By the way Devin's acting one could say that he's trying to reconsile with the pasy and make an attempt to become friends with Abel.  Though I didn't predict that Devin would tell Abel why he did what he did.

It's intresting when TV/Comic orphans talk about their parents.  They remember the intresting details like their smell or the look in their eyes at times.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

LigerJet

:O Some people really look so deeply into this... ...I'll put up the theory that his father was just a jerk.  The end. XD And watch as it's kicked to the curb.

Zedd

Oh well soon or later someone is gonna give the poor blue cat a hug

Nikki

Quote from: Zedd on October 28, 2006, 03:20:43 AM
Oh well soon or later someone is gonna give the poor blue cat a hug

i kinda feel like cuddling him ;;

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

DigitalMan

Yeah, he doesn't seem like so much of an ass now :<

Tapewolf

I think Shakal has it, myself.  The only problem I can see is how Devin would ever find out that it was the lack of wings which caused his father to leave, although it's possible that someone else who knew his father will tell him later.

I was going to add that his father wouldn't have lasted long in a village with wings or headwings, but this was mainly a thinko from the people who claimed they could see the father's wings in Devin's silhouette.  If Devin's father was a 'cubi, he's going to hide it, period.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

There is a non cubi possible explanation that clicked pretty much straight away for me.

Devin's father left the day he was born and his mother would of died fairy young. So they both in different ways, abandoned him. Abel on the other hand was born with wings yet accepted and loved by both his parents unconditional, the even moved city for him. Imagine how Devin must feel about that, when he looked perfectly normal and one of his parents couldn't love him. He is jealous and holds and lot of hatred, Abels parents would love a freak but his own couldn't love him. Like Abel later on he drives people away to avoid being hurt. I see Devin as a glimpse of Abels future not a long lost relative.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Aridas

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 28, 2006, 06:54:04 AM
he drives people away to avoid being hurt.
Yeah. My thoughts exactly. And just to address everyone who started that "gay for abel" crap...

*ahem* I TOLD YOU SO.

Netami

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 28, 2006, 07:07:12 AM
And just to address everyone who started that "gay for abel" crap...

*ahem* I TOLD YOU SO.

Technically 4chan started it.  :)

Aridas

I'm not talking about "gay for _____" I'm talking about everyone saying Devin had the hots for Abel and that was why he was all GRR I HAVE A SECRET, which 4chan DIDN'T start thank you very much...

Magic

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 28, 2006, 04:22:16 AMHe doesn't seem like so much of an ass now.

This is a comic. After his little speech, he will still be an ass. It's for the funny.

And-- it was plausible to claim that either May or Cid is a succubus/incubus--

But now it's a little bit stretching it to say that Devin's dad is an incubus. First of all, the wings will always be prevalent. As we've recalled from Demonology, many of an incubus/succubus' features are tied to the use of magic and/or amassed power. "Degenerative mutation" is unheard of in magical races, as we already know that the magic itself causes the growth of extra limbs. Expounding on that logic, you can not 'hide' magic that is tied to the very essence of your existence, and of which you impart to your descendants. This lends the reason why incubus/succubus metamorphosis will never truly replicate true sex change, as the changes we make are solely on a superficial; and also the reason why you need permanent magic to change into the other sex.

In essence, it's not physically possible for Devin's dad to be an incubus and at the same time Devin is a being. No matter how good his impersonation of a being is.

Second, I'm sure you already know this as it has been already discussed. Whether or not you are a creature does not rely on genetics. The offspring of a being and a creature will always be a creature, as it is rooted in the latent magic that runs within the bodies of creatures, rather than the genetic code. This is what caught Daniel by surprise, remember? There is no half-breed incubus/succubus, at all.

I can therefore draw this conclusion from that; It is not possible for Devin to be Abel's brother, or half-brother for that matter.

Third, Devin couldn't be hiding his heritage either. Metamorphosis, although powered by the subconscious, is an acquired skill. You simply can't be caught doing while as you exit the womb as you barely have any semblance of coherent thought above basic functions for survival. (Hiding wings doesn't count as an innate survival instinct either, Daniel would have done the same if it were true.) Further cementing the argument that neither Devin nor his dad could be incubi.

Quote from: MT HazardThere is a non cubi possible explanation that clicked pretty much straight away for me.

Thank you. Non-cubi explanation. Finally.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ink on October 28, 2006, 07:40:25 AM
Second, I'm sure you already know this as it has been already discussed. Whether or not you are a creature does not rely on genetics. The offspring of a being and a creature will always be a creature, as it is rooted in the latent magic that runs within the bodies of creatures, rather than the genetic code. This is what caught Daniel by surprise, remember? There is no half-breed incubus/succubus, at all.

If so, what's Aary talking about in #501?

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 28, 2006, 08:05:38 AM
Quote from: Ink on October 28, 2006, 07:40:25 AM

If so, what's Aary talking about in #501?

Given that she's babbling about "half-breeds" (edit: of which Amber said they don't exist, I think) and stuff, I'd say that her speech falls under "making stuff up" :P

And even I (at X o'clock in the morning) had realized that the shadow does not have wings. O_o Sheesh. The recent ratio of completely weird and far-out guesses in Abel-threads is shocking me.
:boogie

Zedd

DigitalMan

Well shoot, that's no fun :c

So why the heck did his dad leave?

Cogidubnus

Perhaps Devin's Mother got a little lonely while Devin's father was away? >:3

Rafe

Because Amber's sepia colored marker was getting empty, and he knew that if he hung around too long, he'd be killed off too, just like Devin's mom. 
Rafe

Toric

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 28, 2006, 12:27:13 PM
Perhaps Devin's Mother got a little lonely while Devin's father was away? >:3

That's a possibility. Devin's Being mother "A"(let's say she's a goat) marries Being husband "B"(let's say he's an anthro dog). "A" has fling with Being father "C" of different species (anthro cat). Devin is born with cat traits that would not have appeared had he been the son of the husband. There have been human parallels in the film industry (Me, Myself, and Irene), so it wouldn't be so far off. The theory about his dad just being a jerk and leaving is just as plausible, though.
Yap by Silver.

Tapewolf

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 28, 2006, 06:28:04 PM
I like Rafe's theory best.

Ditto. Sepia flashbacks are much more time consuming than normal flashbacks.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Zedd on October 28, 2006, 08:28:09 AM
All I have to say is this... :shifty

Holy Snap. I think Zedd won the internets today. :O

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 28, 2006, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 28, 2006, 08:28:09 AM
All I have to say is this... :shifty

Holy Snap. I think Zedd won the internets today. :O

Thanks Amber...You may keep it as a momento :)

ShiningShadow

OKay I was was one of them wrong on the Devin has the Hots for Abel. But the Sepia flashbacks is very interesting I have a feeling that maybe Devin Father is Abel Father. Look at the time line he saw the succubi and married her and Abel was Born. I think Abel Dad is also Devin's Dad but if i'm wrong here then I would apoligize to everybody.

Alondro

Devin is the legendary half-breed! *heh heh heh... evil mind at work*

*On the last episode(s) of DMFA-Z, after Abel is killed fighting the evil Fa'lina, who was trying to steal all sevel of the Dragon Gonads for herself to wish for the ultimate Tri-Wing Level, Devin's rage at the death of his friend causes him to reveal that he is in fact, the legendary half-breed cubi!  After both fighters spent the episode powering up, with a few scenes of some annoying blue-haired girl for no other reason than to show she's still there, they are now ready to fight!*

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Alondro on October 28, 2006, 11:46:27 PM
Devin is the legendary half-breed! *heh heh heh... evil mind at work*

*On the last episode(s) of DMFA-Z, after Abel is killed fighting the evil Fa'lina, who was trying to steal all sevel of the Dragon Gonads for herself to wish for the ultimate Tri-Wing Level, Devin's rage at the death of his friend causes him to reveal that he is in fact, the legendary half-breed cubi!  After both fighters spent the episode powering up, with a few scenes of some annoying blue-haired girl for no other reason than to show she's still there, they are now ready to fight!*

>:3

Hmmmmmmm are you sure you got the episode right is after they get their butts kicked and then train and power up?

Cogidubnus

it's over nine-THOUUUSAAAAAAANNNNNDDDD!