Firefox 2.0

Started by Supercheese, October 26, 2006, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

@ Jouster:
Isn't that what bookmarks are there for?
There's an option 'open in tabs' under the last link in every folder in the bookmarks.
(Opens every link in this folder in its own tab at once)
(Labels may vary as I've got the german version)

My comic list is in one of those folders.
I just click the folder with my mouse-wheel though.  :3 Is easier.

Though if I misunderstood you there... Sorry. ;)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

IE7 has that feature, and a multiple-tab session restore on close kinda like opera's >.>

Haven't checked any firefox close enough to see if it's there too.

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2006, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: JousterL on November 02, 2006, 01:59:35 PM
I'm going to wait a little while. Unfortunately, an extension I depend on doesn't look like it's ever going to be updated for 2.0 (People keep claiming you can do what the extension does natively in 2.0, but I haven't found the option). SessionSaver.

I could be wrong, but I think the full session restore only happens when it does a crash recovery.

Actually, you can configure it to do it whenever you open the browser. Quoting the site I linked to on the first page:
QuoteFrom the Tools menu choose Options, and in the Main area, select "Show my windows and tabs from last time" from the "When Firefox starts" dropdown.

Of course, that (I assume) requires you to actually have all those tabs open when you close Firefox. I haven't tested it myself, so I don't really know how it works.

But yes, Tiger_T is right. Using the "Open in Tabs" option is an easy way to go and is already available in 1.5.x *points at screencap*

Edit: And just in case: You can save the session in such a folder easily, too. Just make an empty folder (and maybe place it in the Bookmark Toolbar) and do a "Bookmarks -> Bookmark all Tabs" into that folder when the session is open.
:boogie