It's Mab! now with color...

Started by GabrielsThoughts, October 14, 2006, 11:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

In order to commemorate Amber's Up coming 700th strip I Plan on coloring this and sending it to her e-mail, what I'm looking for is any flaws, suggestions, etc. to make this into a beter wallpaper.

Larger "color" file!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

xHaZxMaTx

Pirate Mab?  My second guess would be hobo Mab...

Looks awesome, no flaws as far as I can tell, can't wait to see it colored. :cool

Zedd

Paladin Sheppard

Jack McSlay

maybe her tail is too spikey?
but still seems cute enough to me...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2006, 11:36:43 PM
In order to commemorate Amber's Up coming 700th strip I Plan on coloring this and sending it to her e-mail, what I'm looking for is any flaws, suggestions, etc. to make this into a beter wallpaper.

The only flaw I can see is with the tail.  Yours is small and round like a tail should be, Mab's is actually huge - it's very wide and flat like it's been put through a mangle.  At also has a very distinctive shape - it comes out of her back horizonally, then goes straight downwards before levelling out again.  Sometimes it curls into a roll.  Overally it's a bit like a stretched 'Z' - like the 'TAAR' rune in Arx Fatalis.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_498.php - This appears to be the best view of her tail

Here are a few more in chronological order:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_137.php - early shot from behind
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_231.php - very wide
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_399.php - note the distinctive shape

Note that in the start of the DP strip and earlier it's more like your tail and evolves throughout that storyline into the tail she has now, which is also the tail found on the mows.  Surprise surprise.

Other than the tail, it's a very good likeness.  We'll assume that Pip is off molesting Dan :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2006, 05:34:09 AM
Other than the tail, it's a very good likeness.  We'll assume that Pip is off molesting Dan :P

And here I assumed it was Dan emulating Mab. Hence Fi lurking in the background.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 15, 2006, 05:59:49 AM
I assumed it was Dan emulating Mab. Hence Fi lurking in the background.

I was thinking it was because Gabriel has Fi as his avatar.  A kind of quasi-self-insertion.

Amber Williams

Not the email! It will never escape from the abyss! :U

Miaka

if you're going to correct the tail, draw it more like a squirrel's, that seems to be the best likeness.
Also, isn't her hair, like.... much shorter?
It looks good anyways, and I wouldn't change anything with it, but UI'm also a lazy bum.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 15, 2006, 01:54:29 PM
Not the email! It will never escape from the abyss! :U

What then is your preferred medium for gift-art?  Private messages?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fax?

Morse?

Kenji

Morse code fanart would be the bestest thing ever. EVER.

Aridas

that'd just be ascii art that takes a long time to read.

Jack McSlay

smoke signals are better
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not necessarily, Aridas. I mean, you could scan a pic, then run the bytes through uuencode to shift it to standard letters, morse encode that...

Admitedly, it'd be a lot longer, but it'd still be a full picture... :-)

Zedd

Ascii is funny sometimes...Makes people squint

Prof B Hunnydew

It is good to see Mab outside of a skirt or that dress once in awhile.  [keep your perverted minds out of the gutter] The feel of the art is a younger Mab than the present one.  Mab looks more mature in Amber's art but acts children-like most of the time.  This is not say that she can't act mature. 

BUt I agree about the hair.  It is shorter beyond her bangs which are the longest, and they are combed in half to each side of her face. 

Others have pointed out enough about the tail...which needs the fluffy up.

:mowcookie  for the great job
PBH

GabrielsThoughts

the color image has replaced the old link
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

DigitalMan

There we go, the tail looks much better in the colored version.

Alondro

*Charles notes that Tapewolf has been watching Mab's tail rather intently...*  Stalkity stalk stalk!  :superlick
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

James StarRunner

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on October 25, 2006, 11:33:52 PM
*Charles notes that Tapewolf has been watching Mab's tail rather intently...*  Stalkity stalk stalk!
Yeah, there's a reason for that.  Recently I've been going over the Warrior-For-Hire artwork in microscopic detail and I suddenly noticed that the tail is a different shape in the start of arc than it is at the end.  That got me wondering where it changed..

Gabriel, that's much better on the tail and a good job with the colour too.

NDDR

i like it, then again i like all the art youve done. because it rulez aka its all good.