Chuck Norris... the Columnist

Started by Supercheese, October 23, 2006, 02:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercheese

As the headline says, "No joke! Chuck Norris becomes columnist."

There's another article I found interesting. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52567

... so, yeah, that's about it. Wait, this needs moar emoticon-age...   :dface  There we go.

Aridas

On the second article: Holy crap, I hope chuck norris isn't the whacko religious type, considering how often he talks about it in the article for no real reason..

Zedd

DigitalMan

... What the hell? It's like I'm back in religion class. And evolution? Did he really have to go there? You can be a Christian and believe in evolution too, ya know.

Vidar

And I thought Chuck Norris didn't write, he roundhouse kicks the paper until the molecules align in a column.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Cogidubnus

Chuck...Norris...senses...tingling.

*wind*
The eyes of the Ranger are upon you
Any wrong you do he's gonna see
when you are texas look behind you
  'Cause that's, where the Ranger's, gonna be

TheGreyRonin

Y'know, I always thought those lyrics kinda sounded Brokeback Mountain-ish....

That, or homicidal stalker-ish.

Cogidubnus

*Contemplates*

well...piss! You're right! :<

Cvstos

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 23, 2006, 03:10:57 PM
On the second article: Holy crap, I hope chuck norris isn't the whacko religious type, considering how often he talks about it in the article for no real reason..

I would not be surprised if he's a stereotypical right-wing Christian, considering his choice of paper to write for.  (WND is known to lean strongly conservative.) 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Aridas

Seriously though, he does it three times in that article...

Chuck: *reference to a chuck norris joke* Well, *opinion* and also, JESUS.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Chuck Norris"There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live." It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.
He seems to be missing the point entirely. :|  And it seems to me that he's forcing his beliefs on everyone else.  I can't stand that. :mad

Eibborn

QuoteIf your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not Chuck Norris' tears, it's Jesus' blood.
His Blood. HIS BLOOD. NO YOU LEAVE JESUS ALONE YOU BAD BAD MAN. DXDX

...I can't be the only person who finds that sentence scary. NO POKING HOLES IN JESUS CHRIST, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. HE'S HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT ALREADY.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 23, 2006, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: Chuck Norris"There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live." It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.
He seems to be missing the point entirely. :|  And it seems to me that he's forcing his beliefs on everyone else.  I can't stand that. :mad
Le shrug. It doesn't seem like he's forcing them on anyone, just stating his opinion. It's way to heavy on the whole 'GOD GOD GOD OMG GOD' aspect to be taken seriously by most of the internet people, anyway.
Chuck Norris is lame, anyway.
/kicks the internet over

LigerJet

So...what's wrong with a person stating his opinions?

DigitalMan

Quote from: LigerJet on October 23, 2006, 11:02:53 PM
So...what's wrong with a person stating his opinions?

There is a huge difference between "I think this" and "I think this, so you should too." The former is often amusing. The latter is the cause for every war I've read about.

Chuck Norris has lost 583 respect points from me.

RJ

In terms of awesome, Mr. T is now in the lead since his tv show seems a lot more awesome.

LigerJet

He's not forcing his opinion on anybody.

Vidar

He just expects everyone to believe whatever he believes. That's kinda .... insulting, maybe?

Also, he proclaims his opinions as if they are the Absolute ,Total and Unshakable Truth and the Foundation of the Universe (aka "There Is No Theory of Evolution").
Of course, he is wrong: there is a theory of evolution. Whether that theory is close to the actual truth, we will never truly know, unless we can go back in time and look for ourselves.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

LigerJet

I apologize if I was blunt and didn't state everything I wanted to more clearly.  It's just not something I wish to talk about in depth at the time.  So... *slinks off*

Cogidubnus

Hey, c'mon now guys...

I'm a newcomer here, so I'll try and keep my trap shut for the most part. But, is what he says really so offensive? It's a statement of faith. He thinks evoloution is wrong? So do many Christians: if he speaks out that he does not believe it to be true, is he being intolerant? If South Park has taught us anything, it's that tolerance and acceptance are two very different things. He is not threatening to roundhouse kick anyone. Making a statement of absoloutes is always going to draw fire, but c'mon fellas, that's about a 2 out of 10 on the fire n' brimstone scale. He speaks out about what he believes is wrong. What man does not? How can one hold this aganst someone? Tolerance is a two way street. There can be no condemnation in moral relavitism.

I'll shut up now. I fear I have said to much.

Aridas

Does he have to say it in every paragraph where he attempts to make a point?

xHaZxMaTx

Not once does he say, "This is my opinion,"  he just says it like it's fact.

EvilIguana966

And then the immature internet fanboys learned that the guy they were making jokes about actually has opinions, and they were shocked and apalled to learn that people in the world can think things beyond their own accepted orthodoxy.  They thusly excommunicated him from being one of the cool people. 

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 24, 2006, 05:25:50 PM
Not once does he say, "This is my opinion,"  he just says it like it's fact.

It's his op-ed column.  Most intelligent people would be able to arrive at that point without needing a reminder every couple of lines.

insanekaosx

H ebelieves it is the truth and absolute, he's not saying you have to as well. He may not say its his opinion, because he doesn't need to. These days, i really don't think one should have to say if somethign is their opinion or not, it really should be assumed. As long as no one is saying "You're wrong! This is how it is!" it really isnt' a problem...

RJ

I guess I don't really have much against what he says- just the way he shoves it down your throat.

And when Chuck Norris crams religion down your throat, he really DOES cram religion down your throat...

DigitalMan

When Chuck Norris pushes the bible, no one can push back! D:

Aridas

Zedd

Hey that show was so werid and so odd...Not a single thing had to do with ninjas or anything..Yet the figures where odd as hell

Aridas

of course not. it was about karate. and commandos who couldn't spell.

Zedd

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 25, 2006, 04:46:55 PM
of course not. it was about karate. and commandos who couldn't spell.

And good ol time racisim and sterotyping  >:3

Toric

Quote from: RJ on October 24, 2006, 02:05:04 AM
In terms of awesome, Mr. T is now in the lead since his tv show seems a lot more awesome.

Bwahaha, I saw that this weekend, if it's titled "I Pity Da Fool". "The biggest room in any household....... is the room for improvement." I stared for ten seconds trying to accept the fact that Mr. T just said that, and so did the family he was talking to.

Oh yeah, I should add some on-topic-ness. Gotta say it's surprising to see that Chuck's such a Jesus-freak in addition to being a black-belt, a TV/movie celebrity, and the center of one of the internet's latest collective brainwaves. I don't have a problem with it, but it does separate the man from the myth.
Yap by Silver.