What Are You?

Started by TheGreyRonin, October 23, 2006, 02:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreyRonin

Meaning of course, what is the critter/person/mineral/thingy that is your online persona?

In my case, my online persona is my original Duelling character. I'm a Humaseeri, which is an immortal (unless destroyed) shapeshifter in the form of a dark-haired ronin dressed in grey robes. When I grin you can see thousands of silver needle-teeth, and I often sport silver claws on my fingertips.

Like all of my kind I'm immune to magic and cannot use it, tend to be territorial, and can/will eat almost anything. Slung across my back is a bastard katana etched with several arcane symbols.

So...anyone else?

RJ

I'm an orange squirrel.... of doom.

That's all you need know  :mwaha

TheGreyRonin

*chuckles* I guessed that, RJ. But of the folks on here, you're about the only persona I've managed to figure out, at least as far as I know.

xHaZxMaTx

I don't have a online persona besides my fursona for this forum, which is just a regular ol' fox with an excellent fashion sense whose name is Jonas.  Yes, very original, I know. :rolleyes

Zedd

Im just a huskie incubis in and out..Thats about it but you want more...Shake me like a salt shaker  :shifty

Zina

A black and white cat.
Because.
I'm original.

DigitalMan

... Dood, you just opened one hell of a can of worms... Please hold while I type a veritible essay.

Suwako

:U I've been making a new one every month.

Most of them are cats, because like... there are a lot of cats in this neighborhood.  :B
Lets see, about... 12 felines... 1 mythos and one wolf.  :< of course those are the ones I've written a history for.  :U

DigitalMan

Hmm... On second thought, I'll save the essay for a journal entry somewhere. But this does give me a chance to remove any misconceptions.

The DigitalMan, called Drake Mayors by some (my friend's idea), is not: A hologram, a robot, any part machine, a Digimon, capable of being "defragged," downloadable, deletable, or formed of actual data in any way.

What he is is essentially human. What makes him not human are small tweaks to his genetics. He appears thin and frail, but he has condensed muscle mass and reinforced bones. Punching through a wall is no problem without even using his powers. Also, his DNA is basically encoded in binary, which doesn't change as much as you'd think. And he's a fan of Rush.

He wears hunter's-style camouflage pants and jacket. This is mostly just preference, as DM does not hunt. He also wears sunglasses that have a computer built-in.

I'd say more, but the description I had typed out is probably longer than one post is allowed to be. And that's the Cliff-Notes version. Think back to whenever the first Descent game was released; my character's been around longer than that. So he's pretty complex.

In closing:
Quote from: Rush
He's got a force field and a flexible plan
He's got a date with fate in a black sedan
He plays fast-forward just as long as he can
But he won't need a bed, he's a Digital Man

Netami

Well, that's cool.

I'm a guy with a girly tiara.

Kasarn

I'm a 50' tall anthrowolf hermaphrodite whose idea of fun is humping a building :B

Or not...

Kasarn is an anthro grey wolf with long black hair and brown hair.
As a character, he is very generic and mary sue-ish.

Vidar

This may seem a bit farfetched to some, but I'm a moogle.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 23, 2006, 04:22:24 AMWhat he is is essentially human. What makes him not human are small tweaks to his genetics. He appears thin and frail, but he has condensed muscle mass and reinforced bones. Punching through a wall is no problem without even using his powers.
Sounds like a Spartan (Halo), except for the thin and frail part.

Tapewolf

My original online persona was DOUG the Eagle, not actually an avian, but an AI built into a refurbished F-15 Strike Eagle.  Most of the Anti-Walkthroughs are credited to him, although truth be told I very rarely posted anywhere RP style with that character.
More recently I've adopted it as a name to use for my music.

As of last Christmas I've been posting in The Nice and here as 'Jakob Pettersohn'.  Again, I very rarely do a full-character post, especially now that we're on CMF where that is forbidden.  Jakob is more a character for stories and songs than any kind of shield to hide behind.

Jakob's original outing was here:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/story1.txt

He has also featured in Gareeku's Furrae Chronicles story and his own series, The Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn - both of these can be found in the art section.  His first and so far only outing in an RP is the Furrae Chronicles story in progress on the RP section.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 23, 2006, 02:47:05 AM
I don't have a online persona besides my fursona for this forum
Me neither, and look! I'm a fox too! But with a twist. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

thegayhare

What I am is a secret...

I'm not telling

LionHeart

I'm a teleporting felinoid (or "anthro-feline", or "catperson"... take your pick), as it says in my custom title.

Male, as you can probably tell.  :mowwink

I don't roleplay as such here, except for the bit in the intro threads, which has become sort of my trademark on this forum.

(I do have an RP character on another forum, named "Leon de Coeur", who is based on me (more or less), but he doesn't teleport. He does travel between dimensions though...)

Quote from: thegayhare on October 23, 2006, 09:17:47 AM
What I am is a secret...

I'm not telling

You mean you're not this guy in disguise? :P
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

James StarRunner

Angelic blue squirrel wearing a patch to look like a being.

ITOS

I'm an Artificial Intelligence for Tactical Operations and Surveillance. I'm keeping an eye on this place with the help of my node Itos Jako5.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alondro

Quote from: Kasarn on October 23, 2006, 04:35:36 AM
I'm a 50' tall anthrowolf hermaphrodite whose idea of fun is humping a building :B

*Charline REALLY wishes she could comment on this!  The farcical idea it instills is just so funny!  But she cannot.*   :<

Well, my online self is a farce of the real me, nerdier and wimpier than real life.  Charline is cubi-lion-goddess, daughter of Sekhmet, pure ebil.   Alondro is the prince of the Leyjon, a leonine humanoid species.  I'm still picking the star they live around.  I have a few excellent candidate stars that may have habitable rocky planets in their habitable zones, or have gas giant in the habitable zones that are large enough to maintain an Earth-sized moon in a stable orbit outside the radiation belts of the gas giant.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Toric

I'm pretty much just a robot with an anthro cat-based design. Or, in realms in which robots simply don't exist, I'm a sapient golem or some other construct. Like a warforged.
Yap by Silver.

Miaka

This one?
Miaka changes according to what scenario you have her in. The only thing that's constant is that she's a squirrel that's small in stature with coloring themed after ice. And her connection with a certain ferret. >>
Just on the forum, she's 15, in her sophomore year of high school, geeky, but normal otherwise. basically just a squirrel version of myself.
In the "Unexpected Adventurers" RP(currently dead, don't know if ity'll be started up again, she's 17, a very similar personality, and a novice ice mage.
In the forumite story I'm currently being lazy on, she's a 21 year old adventurer and experienced ice mage who doesn't know wether her relationship with aforementioned ferret is a blessing or a curse, considering just how often she has to save his stupid ass.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Gabi on October 23, 2006, 07:12:13 AM
And what would that be?  ..Oh, you're an all purpose fox. :lol

bill

I'm That Other Guy. 'Sup.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 23, 2006, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Gabi on October 23, 2006, 07:12:13 AM
And what would that be?  ..Oh, you're an all purpose fox. :lol
I think it is another twist she is thinking of.  One that she would, in character at least, prefer to keep hidden.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bill

You're just misunderstood. There, there. You'll show them all, one day.

Darkmoon

(hangs head) No one ever trusts me...

(plays with fire)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

Man, you suck.  You totally said what I was going to say.

Jerk.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber