10/22/06 Holy shmoley matrimony!

Started by Gildedtongue, October 22, 2006, 08:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Hay... why not go with the Classics and name your first born (boy) Dan or (gal) Mab.

And name your second born (boy) Able or (girl) Alexsi

I wanna name my kiddies (boy) Conan or (girl) Xena

Oh and in the comic... Fluffy was evil about that line.  I know that women sometimes pride themselves in their 'built in airbags'  (which reminds me of a news report where this lady survived a crash, that would have killed anyone else, by her large breast implants :mwaha). 

Fluffy's life expectancy just got cut with that pirate comment.
:mowninja 
We need a MowPirate icon

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Artanis

Quote from: Manawolf on October 22, 2006, 10:01:23 PM
Whatever you name it, avoid all character names you know of, especially video game character names.  There's just something wrong about naming your kid Sephiroth.
yeah... i seem to recall a news story on that a few years ago... that kid in therapy yet?

Anyway, what's all this talk of baby names...?
I mean, it's not like Amber's 8 months pregnant just 'cause she got married over the weekend.

*glares at madmann*
Please don't name your kids after your comic characters... almost as bad a sephiroth... especially since you KNOW their going to end up reading the comic. Just like you can expect kids to go through their parent's high school yearbooks.

RJ

Quote from: Manawolf on October 22, 2006, 10:01:23 PM
Whatever you name it, avoid all character names you know of, especially video game character names.  There's just something wrong about naming your kid Sephiroth.

I can see it now:

"Hey Sephiroth! I didn't know you were so into that guy called Cloud! You guys sure are kinky." *winkwinknudgenudge*

"Wha?" *looks* "OMG!"

Cvstos

A toast to Amber and the good fortune of her wedding! :)
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Madmann135

Quote from: Artanis on October 22, 2006, 10:14:47 PM

*glares at madmann*
Please don't name your kids after your comic characters... almost as bad a sephiroth... especially since you KNOW their going to end up reading the comic. Just like you can expect kids to go through their parent's high school yearbooks.

I tend to think insane thoughts all the time, that was one of them

I bet no one would mess with Seph if he pulled out a Marimasa (I think that's the name for that really long katana like sword).

Stygian

It's Masamune. The name comes from a legendary swordsmith in japanese mythology, whose swords were regarded as having a legendary quality and beauty, and who perfected the art of arranging martensitic crystalline structure in metal. It is debated of just when Masamune lived (he was a real historical figure), but general opinion is somewhere in the early 14th century.

komissarmakarov

Comgratulations, Amber! May your marriage last a thousand years, and feel like one (instead of vice versa :zombiekun2 )!

Madmann135

Quote from: Stygian on October 22, 2006, 10:33:14 PM
It's Masamune. The name comes from a legendary swordsmith in japanese mythology, whose swords were regarded as having a legendary quality and beauty, and who perfected the art of arranging martensitic crystalline structure in metal. It is debated of just when Masamune lived (he was a real historical figure), but general opinion is somewhere in the early 14th century.

I knew it was named after a bladesmith but I forgot his name. 

Pendolse

HORRAY!

Amber's married~

I'm so happy for her~

Tug

A wise man once said:
"If you want to be happy for a day, go shopping.
If you want to be happy for a week, go on vacation.
If you want to be happy for a year...get married.

But Seriously,
Congrats.

Now go forth and make Tailmabs.
D:

Madmann135

Quote from: Pendolse on October 22, 2006, 10:40:55 PM
HORRAY!

Amber's married~

I'm so happy for her~

I feel sorry for her husband.

I'm betting it's going to be like the Aryanna and Merlitz relationship.

People always say marrage is a 50:50 relationship... I hear it's a more like a 60:40 relationship with the woman leading it.

ShadesFox

Congrats  :)
And the chair now recognizes the motion for pictures.  All those in favor?

Still, the greatest idea I've heard is naming your kids after Transformers.

"Megatron!  Come over here and sit next to Optimus Prime!  I need to talk to you!"
The All Purpose Fox

Madmann135

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 22, 2006, 10:44:18 PM
Congrats  :)
And the chair now recognizes the motion for pictures.  All those in favor?

Still, the greatest idea I've heard is naming your kids after Transformers.

"Megatron!  Come over here and sit next to Optimus Prime!  I need to talk to you!"

BEST NAMES EVER!
Ther IS a guy who's legal name IS Optimus Prime.
It says Optimus Prime on his state Id, his SSN card and name tag.
What's even funnier is that he is/was a fire fighter and he was in the armed forces.

Kenji

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 22, 2006, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: Pendolse on October 22, 2006, 10:40:55 PM
HORRAY!

Amber's married~

I'm so happy for her~

Nonsense...

Amber doesn't have any tentacles to use.

That aside, congrats Amber. Hope you were doing well, and none of that nerve wracking nervousness. ^-^ Be sure to add lots of pictures and even more, OH SO MUCH MORE D:<, when and if you do a bigger party for it. :3 Have a nice ol time in Canadia with Mr. Panyko. :P

Arcalane

I'm pretty sure that's not the name. :P

Also;

Whatever you do, never name the kids BEFORE they pop out (or before you have any idea what they are, for that matter). Otherwise you end up with atrocities like "Nigella" and "Thomasina". That particular couple musta really wanted boys. :rolleyes

EDIT: Spammers! Spammers you all are! I get distracted by Amber's SO's website, and you go posting replies on me! Bah!

Stygian

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 22, 2006, 10:43:21 PM

People always say marrage is a 50:50 relationship... I hear it's a more like a 60:40 relationship with the woman leading it.

Stygian puts on a serious face, walks up to Madmann, then pulls out a large, living trout hidden up the sleeve of the pervy-looking coat he is conveniently wearing, and slaps him squarely across the face with it a couple of times. He then somehow whisks the scaled critter away and scowls at Madmann.

No matter how truthful that may or may not be, you do not say such things out loud! She can hear you, helldamnit!

Stygian then does the familiar 4th wall stare.

Allow me to congratulate, and express my well-wishings.

Madmann135

I'm a weird guy and I said what I said because of this.

-Women are very cleaver, ingenious and find ways to influence their husband's actions, sometimes greatly influence said actions even when the husband doesn't think it's happening. 
-Men are not very observive yet Women tend to see things diffrently and more completely than men. 
-Men are more mathematical and mechanical while women are more along the social and artistic.
-Men are more prone to simple acts while women are more prone to complex acts

It is difficult for a man to win in a verbal arguement with a woman unless the guy has the absolute advantage.

In short Men are at a distinct disadvantage in marrage.

So marrage wise Men are at a disadvantage over women.

-It's easy for a guy to go off and fix a toster, it's hard for a guy to get help fixing a relationship.
-It's easy for a guy to do something dangerous and childish (half the fun of being a guy) while it's difficult for us to truely grow up.
-Men tend to not talk about emotions nor truely express them, women find it much easier.

In short Men are simple creatures while Women are complex.

Stygian... I do not respond well to RP acts while in chat.  If this was a chat based RP then that would be diffrent.  I'm straightfoward and direct.

The last thing that I'm going to close with is this.

Congrats Amber.  I hope your marrage is a great one.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Prof B Hunnydew

WAit wait Men are goal minded and will work toward completing long ranged tasks

Women can multi-task and focus on everyday living ...

To each their strengths
PBH

Aridas

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 22, 2006, 09:50:59 PM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 22, 2006, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on October 22, 2006, 09:40:47 PM
Hint: Don't take naming suggestiong from an internet message board. :P

(And definitly not from me, unless you want your kid(s) hating you for the rest of their lives)
But Jonas is such a cool name!
Yeah, well I'm someone who thinks Fogarty is a good first name. D:
isn't it a last name?

Stygian

To Madmann135: It's an expressive and more artistic style of writing which I do in fact enjoy, scold me however much you want for it.

As for the complexity of women, I agree with you in general. Had I not seen so many bad examples of women who are not generally clever, but beleive themselves to be and refuse to see things any way but the way they want them to be, I might even have found it completely true.

The key to "winning" an argument against a "superior" opponent, whether intellectually or rhetorically, is to reveal as little as possible in way of emotion or reaction, to say precisely what you need to say and nothing more, and to never expect to actually win, seeing as how that is an impossibility. In the case of women this works for two reasons; firstly, you don't give them emotions to go on, and secondly you stay distant, which means you are never agressive nor defensive, leaving you kind of outside the argumentation. This is good, since she might tire herself out or realize that what she is saying makes no sense or such, or go silent and turn inwards, or lose trace. In each case, it gives both her and you time to think, something I find most precious.

I've gotten a lot of practice doing this with my parents, especially my father, and I can say it generally works. But it's far from perfect, and I wouldn't recommend it for the insecure or for those who can't hold their temper.

ChaosTiger

congradulations, Amber! don't torture him too much ;)

and yes! we must have pictures! x3

e_voyager

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 22, 2006, 11:15:15 PM

To each their strengths
PBH
are you saying i'm family?  i admit i'm  a computer nerd but seriously
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Teroniss

Wooohooo, go Amber Panyko, or rather, Amber Williams now, we all eagerly fear the birth of your first born.

Madmann135

Quote from: Teroniss on October 22, 2006, 11:27:10 PM
Wooohooo, go Amber Panyko, or rather, Amber Williams now, we all eagerly fear the birth of your first born.

Amber Williams
I was hoping Amber would be with the 21st century trend and keep her last name.

I mean you don't find many Panyko's
actually Panyko is just one of those names I tend to repeat because it sounds so exotic.  Williams sounds so plain and ordinary.

'Hardned tree sap' Mystery Panyko  <that what happens when I'm half asleep and bored

Arcalane

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 22, 2006, 11:15:15 PM

To each their strengths
PBH

1) Goal minded, especially when watching the footie. :lol

2) Maybe, but they can't read maps. :P

DigitalMan

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 22, 2006, 10:59:37 PM
It is difficult for a man to win in a verbal arguement with a woman unless the guy has the absolute advantage.

It should be noted here that simply "being right" is not an advantage. Having the truth, a dictionary, an encyclopedia, four eye-witnesses, a video recording, and nine Supreme Court Judges on your side will not help you. The only way a male can ever win an argument with a female is if she wants to lose.

I vote for pictures as well!

*notices the news banner* Does that keep changing?

Cogidubnus

When you argue with someone you love, it winning and losing become unimportant. It's making the other person happy that becomes the true goal.
In other words, you will ALWAYS lose. And even if you win you LOSE.

Just my two cents.

Draksaith

Congratulations Amber!

May both your souls be intertwined in love and bliss for all eternity.

Supercheese

Hey... Amber Williams...

@Draksaith:

Isn't that your last name too?

And of course I'll toss my congratulations in with the mix.  :boogie