A dissection of Daniel Ti'Fiona, how I see Dan (10-17-2006)

Started by Madmann135, October 17, 2006, 01:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

I'm a big fan of Dan mainly because he's what I want to be and what I'm not.  He has confidence and is sure of himself (most of the time), not to mention he's a nice guy.

Dan's history:
Dan has a large collection of swords.  Now there is an old saying that it's better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.  By having a large collection of various weapons mainly swords Dan is in essence able to prepair for any combat situation and therefore be ready for various types of combat.

Training in high heal shoes is genius in his own right.  High heal shoes require a sort of balance and in combat if you loose your balance you can end up dead.  I have no idea where he got the idea but I must say it was brilliant, though to others it may seem a bit odd but sometimes odd and unconventional things work.

Retirement:  Retiring at an old adventure age of 24 and not talking much about his past leads to the theory that he tired of such life or decided to simply fade away from the dangers.  Not talking much about his adventure past but being such an accomplished adventure also speculates that he doesn't want to be judged on his past but who he is now

Having an innate ability to do magic but not performing magic was already reveled but he also dislikes magic users.  Disliking magic users gives into the speculation that Dan doesn't like those that take the easy way out.   He would perfer for someone to do something the hard way example instead of casting a spell to do your chores he would perfer to do his chores by hand.  Therefore he believes that magic users are Lazy.

Being an adventurer Dan was put into various of unusual situations and therefore doesn't surprise nor embarrass easily.

Dan current:

Center of attention:  Dan like most men acts immature, he enjoys some of the simple things in life and also enjoys having fun.  Dan likes to be the center of attention because I believe he has a need for attention.

Stubbornness: Stubbornness is a trait of most men but Dan puts that trait to a whole new level.  Dan is hard headed but quite reasonable.  His stubbornness is in essence a defense mechanism.  It helps protects his mind from the things he can't understand therefore help keep things simple and within his margen of understanding.  In Addition Dan also prefers to handle his problems alone, I believe it is because he believes that if he turns to others it will mean that he has to rely upon others when he comes across a problem.

Cubi Heritage:  I strongly believe that Dan's stubbornness hid the fact that he was a cubi from him.  As an adventurer he came across tales, as an adventurer knowledge is power and power leads to success.  Dan must have herd enough information on Cubi to peace together that he is a cubi.  GOOD GRIEF HIS MOM IS A SUCCUBUS!  Yet Dan's stubborn nature prevented him from putting that information together and therefore helped protect his mind from the information and also helped him succeed as an accomplished adventurer.

Maturity:  Dan despite the fact that he acts immature shows impressive maturity for the way he acts.  He hides this with misleading information because I believe that he is trying to put on a front of an immature individual which would lead to others being surprised when he shows his maturity and  wisdom in a situation.

Friends:  For the most part Dan doesn't judge an individual upon the past of their race but upon the individual themselves.  The exception was Cubi, which is quite ironic considering he is a cubi.  This leads to the uniqueness and variety of Dan's friends including Fae (Mab) and Dragon (Pyroduck).  Intresting fact once one become Dan's friends he is quite defensive about his friends and loyal to them.

Attraction to Amazons:  Daniel is a strong charactor and I believe that he is looking for a strong counterpart to his personality.  Being an adventurer, an accomplished adventurer he wishes to find a lady that not only can take care of herself but hold her own in a real fight if need be.  His past was with adventuring groups and he's used to being with strong women.  In addition he is in essence old and probably wants to settle down but doesn't know how to properly go at it.

In conclusion:
Dan is a complex individual who can not be described by simple words.  He tries to defend himself and others by putting on a misleading front but when it comes down to it your best bet to understanding Dan is not to be surprised

Now for random facts.
Mab and cookies.  Great if she didn't make them, dangerous if she did.
Pip.  RUN!!!
Alexi.  BEWARE of Eject hammer

Please post your queries, in-site and other information about my little dissection of Daniel Ti'Fiona

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ShiningShadow

I like it in a nutshell that's good ole Dan. There are some qaulities that doe assoiciate me with Dan. But that's another story................

ITOS

I agree that Dan is a nice guy and a complex character. But then again, so are most of Amber's characters... At least the main ones... Well, at least Dan... :paranoid

I want a Mab story arc. :<
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Madmann135

Dan gets the most on screen time of all charactors and therefore he is the most complex.  I find it intresting that the comic has come full circle.  The first time they went to the Twink territories the hero's were getting back Alexi's hammer and Dan dressed as a girl to get it.  Now the hero's are going back to the twink territories to get Alexsi and Dan is now looking like Alexsi.  So by looking at it that way the comic has come full circle and the comedy must continue.

Oh... I forgot about Dan and Matilda

Daniel Ti'Fiona and Matilda Kissriss:  Though Dan has a slight innate dislike for some magical creatures due to his time as an adventurer, Matilda managed to shatter the frail wall that separated friend from girlfriend.  Matilda is in essence what I believe Dan is looking for in a lady.  She is straightforward, knows what she likes, is not afraid to go after it, has a nice heart and can defend herself quite well.  Matilda is a unique charactor in that she can see beyond appearances and has a strong judge of charactor.  In my opinion Dan and Matilda have a strong chance of having an intresting future.

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Dan is a good fella...Sad he suffers most pain than most and a uncontrollable attitude

Izkata

I disagree with the Amazons part.  I think he just likes the way they look.

Kasarn

Dan's obsession with Amazons comes from a hidden desire to be one :P

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Kasarn on October 17, 2006, 09:05:49 PM

Agreed.  After all, who DOESN'T want to become an Amazon  :3

Kasarn

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 17, 2006, 09:09:11 PM

Only females can be amazons ;)

Jim Halisstrad

Anara

Zedd

DigitalMan

Well if Alexsi's mom was an amazon... And Dan now looks like Alexsi... does that mean he's an amazon now?

Aridas

Amber Williams

LigerJet

Amazons don't hold a candle to uber cuteness, like Aliyka, Mab, or Photophie. :3

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 17, 2006, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 17, 2006, 09:14:26 PM
Oh.
I know. *Finds some more lotion*

Don't make me get the hose again.

I suggest you get the hose anyhow..I smell evil smelly thoughts

Jim Halisstrad

Evil, from me?  I'm a delicate and innocent flower :3

On topic though, with Dan being so calm about letting his feminine side out I'm having a REALLY hard time believing those shoes are for combat purposes.

Madmann135

Quote from: ITOS on October 17, 2006, 03:07:50 PM
Welcome, by the way. :)

I had to find a way to make my first post a memerable one.
Dan's personality being disected is a good way to leave a mark.

The only one who can answer the 'Dan and Amazons' part is Dan (or Amber).

I do agree that Most Amazons look amaizing but I still like to say that he perfers the security of having someone who makes capturing her a suiside mission.  

I mean which adventurer or Ex-Adventurer would want a love who would be easy capture and therefore have the ability to control or manipulate said adventurer's actions.

Though on the other side Amazons do look great.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/madmann135/printpic2.jpg  The charactor (who I don't know) is copywrighted by someone I don't know but I did the art by using a printing plate

I believe those shoes are really for combat purposes.  Also I think Dan's a bit of a pack rat considering he didn't get rid of the shoes after retirement.

I believe that despite Dan's issues he doesn't upset and is quite secure with himself.  He also said that he had to wear a dress in the past Example the first time they went into the Twink territories.  As an adventurer one woul dguess that Dan would have to wear a Disguise to get closer to his target in order to kill said target.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 18, 2006, 02:31:46 AM
I believe those shoes are really for combat purposes.  Also I think Dan's a bit of a pack rat considering he didn't get rid of the shoes after retirement.

I believe that despite Dan's issues he doesn't upset and is quite secure with himself.  He also said that he had to wear a dress in the past Example the first time they went into the Twink territories.  As an adventurer one woul dguess that Dan would have to wear a Disguise to get closer to his target in order to kill said target.

That also goes for rescue, espionage, whatever.

As for keeping the shoes, there's a number of possibilities.  He may have just forgotten about them, but since he was able to ace DP after he had retired, I'm guessing that he's been keeping in practice.
After all, in a world where adventurers are needed, anything which helps in self-defence is going to be a plus.  I think he's staying in tune in case he needs it.
The other possibility is that it helps him with DDR - I wouldn't know, having never found a working DDR machine.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2006, 04:46:05 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on October 18, 2006, 02:31:46 AM

That also goes for rescue, espionage, whatever.

As for keeping the shoes, there's a number of possibilities.  He may have just forgotten about them, but since he was able to ace DP after he had retired, I'm guessing that he's been keeping in practice.
After all, in a world where adventurers are needed, anything which helps in self-defence is going to be a plus.  I think he's staying in tune in case he needs it.
The other possibility is that it helps him with DDR - I wouldn't know, having never found a working DDR machine.

Dude you got it wrong in the achives when he is fighting merlitz succubi girfriend he dodge those moves easily and he was there at a DDR machine somewhere in the town I know if there's an arcade there then there's a DDR machine there also check it out for yourself................

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 18, 2006, 12:03:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2006, 04:46:05 AM

Dude you got it wrong in the achives when he is fighting merlitz succubi girfriend he dodge those moves easily and he was there at a DDR machine somewhere in the town I know if there's an arcade there then there's a DDR machine there also check it out for yourself................

I'm sorry?  I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Dan dodges Aary in #292 because he's very limber, which is because of his DDR habit.  If practicing in high heels improves balance, would this not also improve his DDR ability?
Ergo, even if he's not keeping in practice as an adventurer, using them to maintain an advantage in DDR would also be a valid reason to keep the shoes, if DDR requires balance (as I say, I've never tried it)

Roureem Egas

It's a possibility. In the strip where it shows Dan in a semi-flashback, he was about to play DDR with Wildy. I'm going by memory on this, but I don't think he had heels at the time.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 18, 2006, 12:14:10 PM
It's a possibility. In the strip where it shows Dan in a semi-flashback, he was about to play DDR with Wildy. I'm going by memory on this, but I don't think he had heels at the time.

I meant he uses them to practice when he doesn't have access to a DDR machine.

Stygian

On stubbornness: Personally I don't find that either men or women are more stubborn. They just have differing ways to express it. Common opinion and some of my own personal experience says most men try to put their feet down and resist, while women tend to ignore what they don't want to know (probably why the general opinion also says that women tend to be more arrogant...). However, I have witnessed people who are testimony to the fact that this can also be very wrong.

As for me, I try to stay cool, evaluate and listen as much as possible. Though I loathe people who force and extort others as much as people who are arrogant (often, they are the same), and I bite back much harder than most at that. I beleive Dan is quite a lot like that too. The differing factor would probably be how much pride you have and what things you are willing to accept.

On DDR: Not mentioning high heels (that such devices of torture remain in fashion is beyond me), Is DDR really that good for keeping your agility up? I mostly find it pretty easy. Now breakdancing... Well. I'm a martial artist. Maybe I should keep silent about this one.

ShiningShadow

I'm more like the flashbang gernades and firing away myself my self awearness
is very high and I know who around me all the time in my surroundings.....

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Kasarn on October 17, 2006, 09:11:02 PM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 17, 2006, 09:09:11 PM

Only females can be amazons ;)

I dissagree, the amazons had male children as well, but most were given to their fathers to raise... if the father could not be located or died they didn't sacrifice their ofspring, that would be cruel... plus about 40% of the amazons in south america were native males that were mistaken for females by the conquistadors ( I read it in an issue of smithsonian once.) Also in Ranma there are male Amazons.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Toric

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 17, 2006, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 17, 2006, 09:14:26 PM
Oh.
I know.  *Finds some more lotion*

Don't make me get the hose again.
So it doesn't rub the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again?? :3

Okay, back to on-topic goodness. Great summary of Dan's character development, so far I have to agree with your observations, especially your ideas on why Dan has such a thing for Amazons. I think his attraction to women who can hold their own in a fight runs in the family, I mean just look at his dad. When you really think about it, can you blame him? A dispute with your significant other would be so much more interesting if you had to dodge flying objects and parry sword swings while explaining that you didn't mean to imply that she/he was fat, provided you had the skills to dodge said attacks. Otherwise, the arguments would just be short-lived and end in the emergency room.
Yap by Silver.

Stygian

Ignore the perv, or put him down the well if you like. Let's focus on...

You're one to talk...

Wait. Did someone just...? Nevermind. I didn't know there were actual amazons. What the raging puppies is that about?