10/11/06 - Ceci N'est Pas un Title

Started by bill, October 10, 2006, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 12, 2006, 10:18:28 PM
*ponders* Hmm... On a D&D-DMFA note, what powers the magics in DMFA? Do they use mana and such? o.O

Anyone else get a mental image of someone holding Manawolf like a staff to channel magic through him?

ChaosTiger

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 12, 2006, 10:46:18 PM
Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 12, 2006, 10:37:11 PM
Warning: user is bored and may seem very random.

let the speculation begin! perhaps it is a power that comes from within, and is drawn out by thought when needed?

But dood, that's my magic system D:

*ponders and tries to figure out how Amber's brain works* Hmm... I'll bet it involves telepathic chickens somehow... and no, I'm not joking o_o;
o_0 mine too...

telepathic chickens? you may be onto something there...

Zedd

Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 12, 2006, 10:50:12 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on October 12, 2006, 10:46:18 PM
Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 12, 2006, 10:37:11 PM
Warning: user is bored and may seem very random.

let the speculation begin! perhaps it is a power that comes from within, and is drawn out by thought when needed?

But dood, that's my magic system D:

*ponders and tries to figure out how Amber's brain works* Hmm... I'll bet it involves telepathic chickens somehow... and no, I'm not joking o_o;
o_0 mine too...

telepathic chickens? you may be onto something there...

The chickens want

e_voyager

well to me it sounds like genetic resequencing but on a cosmetic level. i wonder  if amber watched the season finial of Get Ed.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ChaoSynergy

Magic is powered by a secret sect of Viking Lawn Gnomes who continually divide by zero on TI-83 graphing calculators.  This creates mini space-time continuum vortexes in which magical power is created, and is then funneled throughout the world for use by magical users.  There is always a slightly overweight Scot monitoring the Big Glowey Tube™ at the HMF (Happy Magic Factory) to ensure that there are no hiccups in the system.

:tmyk

DigitalMan

That... is abolutely the most random thing I've heard all week.

Makes perfect sense.

And now I know why this is an emoticon:
:tmyk

Teroniss

my guess is they use magic like that in the anime Slayers. No limit baby, yea, raw unlimited power to destroy all creation at their fingertips.

e_voyager

i need to  call for information :choco  i'm sorry but your too late. that data is mine :magus1  haha come try to make sense of the program now :megagroove  oops i think i oped the wrong file.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Izkata

I'm in favor of the much-unused idea that magic has a mind of it's own, and must be coaxed into something.  Too bad the green glow in Abel's hands doesn't appear to support it....  Unless the magic has a cruel sense of humor and is liking Dan's reaction...

And doesn't Slayers magic backfire sometimes?

e_voyager

what are the slayers that you speak of? i've never seen it.,

Teroniss

meh, the only times the magic in Slayers has backfired was; A: When it was magic of a specialized school cast by someone unspecialized in it, aka Syphiel using Flame Arrow; and B: When two spells of opposite elements collide, aka Flame Arrow against Freeze Arrow.

Slayers is an anime made a while back about the adventures of Lina Inverse and Gourry Gabriev and their continuing quests for gold, food, and monster stomping.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LigerJet on October 12, 2006, 09:52:29 PM
So it's like somebody reading into the lines into something that's not really there?

Pretty much. Also a case of trying to guess what the meaning -was-, so we can guess what the -next- strip will be. Usually incorrectly, and mostly just to amuse ourselves until Amber shows up, and shows us we're utterly wrong. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 12, 2006, 10:36:13 PM
Really now? My psych teacher said a good way to learn was to wave your hand and say just four syllables.

"Haha, I win!" :P

*Charline pffts*  Amature... anyone knows it takes at least 5 syllables.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline nods*  That's better.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

ShiningShadow

e_voyager

it may be a weird question but what does the title of this thread mean anyway?

Reese Tora

Quote from: e_voyager on October 13, 2006, 10:58:58 PM
it may be a weird question but what does the title of this thread mean anyway?

"This is not a title"

In reference to the famous art piece, I would assume.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

bill

Hence the passing refrences to Belgian surrealism.

Zedd

e_voyager

ah thanks i did not understand it at first.  how apt considering the subject matter.

ShiningShadow

I'm lost who's turn is it on Super Uno?

e_voyager

don't try to make sense of it just embrace the madness.

ShiningShadow

*yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MADNESS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* :mowdizzy :mowdizzy

Amber Williams

Knock if off you guys.  Not every thread has to devolve into wacky antics that have nothing to do with anything.  Sometimes I get the feeling some post simply because they have the option to, not because they have anything relevent to say.

I hate to sound like a crab...but is it just me or does half of the discussion threads seem to end with E-voyager and ShiningShadow having conversations between eachother?  I don't want to sound pushy, but this is a trend that is getting rather thin.  Not every thread needs to turn into wacky tacky funtime much like how not every thread Taski makes should turn into wacky tacky RP sessions.

Blargh. Typing at 4AM...grrr...

Saist

no, it isn't just you. half the times I'd love to say something else in reguards to the original topic, but the current post line is so far from it, on topic posts seem... I dunno, off topic.

Sometimes it's just best to let threads die.

(although I'd really love to go back in Ryn's hello thread and just do a posting saying duck duck duck duck duck duck...)

* je.saist grins evilly and then dives for cover from Amber and Ryn.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 15, 2006, 04:10:40 AM
Knock if off you guys.  Not every thread has to devolve into wacky antics that have nothing to do with anything.  Sometimes I get the feeling some post simply because they have the option to, not because they have anything relevent to say.

I hate to sound like a crab...but is it just me or does half of the discussion threads seem to end with E-voyager and ShiningShadow having conversations between eachother?  I don't want to sound pushy, but this is a trend that is getting rather thin.  Not every thread needs to turn into wacky tacky funtime much like how not every thread Taski makes should turn into wacky tacky RP sessions.

Sorry Amber I didn't mean to piss you off here. Please forgive me please I will really will stay on topic okay.

DigitalMan

I was just about to mention that I was seeing a trend; once there's a new topic for a new comic, the old topic spirals out of control. I was wondering if anyone cared, since the topic seemed less relevant; guess that answers my question.

TWINK

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 15, 2006, 04:10:40 AM

Amen, amen, amen!