2024-02-18 - DMFA #2113 - A Pleasant Chat

Started by Lying Foo, February 19, 2024, 05:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

We know that Destania would cheerfully kill her daughter at this point, and has told Biggs as much - so what's so special about that spearhead?  Some sort of heirloom, I guess, probably magical?  Whatever it is, Biggs seems to already know.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 19, 2024, 05:31:50 AMWe know that Destania would cheerfully kill her daughter at this point, and has told Biggs as much - so what's so special about that spearhead?  Some sort of heirloom, I guess, probably magical?  Whatever it is, Biggs seems to already know.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the magic-free artifacts, as per 1644-1645.  Just what you want to defend yourself from a Creature who's come to cause trouble at your inn.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Yeah that was my thought too! Jyrras gots ta have it, right??

WhyNot?

Quote from: Merlin on February 20, 2024, 01:57:38 AMYeah that was my thought too! Jyrras gots ta have it, right??

That was the implication when it first came up, yeah. Which, like I said in the last topic, does limit it to people who know what the plan is.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on February 20, 2024, 06:45:14 AMThat was the implication when it first came up, yeah. Which, like I said in the last topic, does limit it to people who know what the plan is.

Yeah, that's the page I was wondering about, where it's shown that Jyrras probably has it.  The question is, how?  I can't see him doing that, given that he's been very hot-and-cold about the whole idea.

IIRC the materials Jyrras has came from Biggs who has been collecting a warehouse full of the stuff, so it's either one of his minions who took something they shouldn't have without clearing it first, or it's been done on Destania's own orders because she has turned against Alexsi.

Thinking about it, my money would be on Destania.  The assassination attempt on Abel, for instance - if Alexsi had seen it and gone for the mallet, it wouldn't have helped get rid of him.

The mallet might also have been good against Hizell and/or his thugs, so it may have been de-fanged to prevent hitches should Hizell come to take out the inn and all inside it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2024, 07:52:13 AMIIRC the materials Jyrras has came from Biggs who has been collecting a warehouse full of the stuff, so it's either one of his minions who took something they shouldn't have without clearing it first, or it's been done on Destania's own orders because she has turned against Alexsi.

Yeah she was my prime, though not only, suspect in the prior topic too. I wouldn't be surprised if she was Biggs's prime suspect too given he now knows how she feels about her, which he didn't when he first got the mallet.

Though my outside pick for who took it is...Pip! He's already interfered to keep things going, he could have snuck off to move the spearhead from the mallet to wherever the Twinks were collecting stuff. Funnily enough, in the old strips, he goes with them but then just leaves until the ending back at Lost Lake....none of which means anything, given how old they are, but it'd be a fun coincidence if I was right!

Outside of those two however I don't know anyone else who fits. While the spearhead could technically have been taken at any time it has to make some form of this journey (Mallet -> Biggs Material Collection -> Jyrras) and the people that'd work for right now is a small list. Like, Quoar could be in on it and took it when he visited to put it with the materials, but there's nothing that actively points to them knowing about the plan and that's basically the case for everyone else too.