2024-01-22 - DMFA #2109 - Frodo was alive, but taken by the enemy.

Started by Tapewolf, January 22, 2024, 04:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_2109.php

Of course, Fa'Lina has hinted that the dragon was actually Quoar shapeshifted, which he's certainly large enough to do, but nobody else seems to have made that connection.

Even so, it still might be best to leave well alone for now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

I think they should talk more about dads. Let's see Aary's dad!

ProfesseurRenard

Merlin

Amber Williams

Fun fact!  I was initially going to be doing a comic that referenced Aary's dad....but I've discovered i my own notes conflicting information since I have something about him being fine and well but I've forgotten if Aary ever mentioned that so far.

I need to go through an re-read my own archives to remember cause part of me is worried Aary mentioned he passed away somewhere and I don't want to create a paradox. :I

Starcat5

The curse of long-running stories: Having to reread your own work in order to maintain an internal consistency. The horror.  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Merlin

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 24, 2024, 12:28:08 PMFun fact!  I was initially going to be doing a comic that referenced Aary's dad....but I've discovered i my own notes conflicting information since I have something about him being fine and well but I've forgotten if Aary ever mentioned that so far.

I need to go through an re-read my own archives to remember cause part of me is worried Aary mentioned he passed away somewhere and I don't want to create a paradox. :I

Consistency over long comics is haaaaard. Says me who had to edit like ten pages of comics when I fucked up that Claw volume. And that time I forget Jinx and Mogki already met. And a bunch of times I caught just before posting. lol.

i want to see aary's dad even if it breaks continuity >:3

Starcat5

Quote from: Merlin on January 25, 2024, 02:10:41 AMi want to see aary's dad even if it breaks continuity >:3

Easy enough to do. The only sticking point is Flashback vs. Present Day.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Radagast

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 24, 2024, 12:28:08 PMFun fact!  I was initially going to be doing a comic that referenced Aary's dad....but I've discovered i my own notes conflicting information since I have something about him being fine and well but I've forgotten if Aary ever mentioned that so far.

I don't recall her mentioning her father, though she did mention how close she was with her mother right before chewing Abel out for his passiveness in Abel's Story.  Considering the context, omitting her father from mention could be interpreted any number of ways.

The other obvious time that comes to mind when she might have mentioned it would have been when she and Dan buried the hatchet while she was going to write a letter, but she only describes that as "a letter home". 

...As an aside, might I please suggest breaking up "Friends in High Places" into several chapters?  It's over 600 pages long now and still growing. 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

WhyNot?

Quote from: Radagast on January 29, 2024, 10:08:40 PM...As an aside, might I please suggest breaking up "Friends in High Places" into several chapters?  It's over 600 pages long now and still growing. 

I remember that this came up once in the past because the Katbox did have further chapter splits, like 'Fly Me to the Moon' being the space arc, and there was a reason given as to why it wasn't like that here but I don't recall what it was.

Merlin

smh every time somebody drops an archive link i just end up binging comics and having a great time, how could you do this to meeeeeee

also the art looks so good in this page!!! as usual