[Bounty Project Chapter 06]

Started by Starcat5, January 02, 2024, 09:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

06-01 - Most 'Cubi have basic legal training

Now that potential political fallout has been cleared up, it is time for the actual legal defense. Also, the Royal Razor in the shadows of the last panel was nice and subtle. I actually missed it on first pass.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 02, 2024, 09:33:55 PM06-01 - Most 'Cubi have basic legal training

Now that potential political fallout has been cleared up, it is time for the actual legal defense. Also, the Royal Razor in the shadows of the last panel was nice and subtle. I actually missed it on first pass.

Yeah, I missed that as well until you pointed it out.

Starcat5

06-02 - They may be thinking about that part a bit too hard

I would make a joke about Black and White morality in a world of Grays, but it won't make sense once the colored version gets uploaded. MOVING ON!  :U

This is one of those pages that will read fine in the archives. However, given that we only get one update a week, and sometimes not even that, right now it is just frustrating. Again, just one of those problems caused from reading on release. Edit: The "not every week" thing is more an issue with I.G.C. and Zeta. Bounty's updates seem far more stable.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a standing-up beheading illustrated before. Generally, it's been kneeling, leaning over a block, or strapped to the bascule of a guillotine.

Merlin

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 10, 2024, 03:50:01 PM06-02 - They may be thinking about that part a bit too hard

I would make a joke about Black and White morality in a world of Grays, but it won't make sense once the colored version gets uploaded. MOVING ON!  :U

This is one of those pages that will read fine in the archives. However, given that we only get one update a week, and sometimes not even that, right now it is just frustrating. Again, just one of those problems caused from reading on release. Edit: The "not every week" thing is more an issue with I.G.C. and Zeta. Bounty's updates seem far more stable.

zeta and IGC are fortnightly except for when I'm too busy. alas i wish i could draw more comics in a week, curse there not being enough hours in a day

Starcat5

Quote from: Merlin on January 12, 2024, 06:39:05 AMzeta and IGC are fortnightly except for when I'm too busy. alas i wish i could draw more comics in a week, curse there not being enough hours in a day

I noticed that they seemed to alternate, but was only really paying attention to IGC until Zeta's recent bit of backstory. Hmm... Is that fortnightly as in they just alternate updates, or as in they each only update once a month with a two week break between the two? It feels like the second, but again, was writing Zeta off as empty humor calories until the recent lore meal during the campfire. Might have skewed my perception of time.

Merlin

Zeets updates once a fortnight, and IGC updates once a fortnight, so they alternate. Just missed a few of them last month lol

Tapewolf

Bounty is now in colour.

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on January 11, 2024, 01:28:39 AMYou know, I don't think I've ever seen a standing-up beheading illustrated before. Generally, it's been kneeling, leaning over a block, or strapped to the bascule of a guillotine.

I haven't seen any historical precedent either, but it's a popular fantasy trope.  Early in the original Conan the Barbarian film, for example, Skyrim kill moves and so on.

As a form of execution it would rely heavily on being able to keep the condemned still, but for someone like a Demon or Jakob when he was mourning Page, it could be seen as an expression of dying more bravely than on your knees.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

06-03 - Not the reaction Jason hoped for

Now I assume that Blue-on-Blue is in reference to a Police Officer "Friendly" Fire incident. I just have no clue how that parlance came to be in this setting.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 17, 2024, 04:05:35 AM06-03 - Not the reaction Jason hoped for

Now I assume that Blue-on-Blue is in reference a Police Officer "Friendly" Fire incident. I just have no clue how that parlance came to be in this setting.

I'd have to check, but I thought it came from wargames, the red team being "The Enemy" and blue being "Us".  If the adventuring guilds are being run with any degree of competency, I would assume that they also do training exercises where a group of Demons are attacking from the forest etc.  In which case you'd still split everyone into two teams.

Liatai

Alternatively; this is a very technicolor world. It could just be there's an old yarn about two people on the same side who were colored blue and attacked each other. Maybe they fell in the mud or got covered in blood/paint and couldn't recognize each other as being the same blue-furred folk. X3

Starcat5

06-04 - Looks like Jason isn't getting a trial

I had something of substance to say, but I lost it once I realized something:

Jason Da`Real of Clan Daryil.

Da`Real. Daryil.  :mwaha

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 24, 2024, 02:41:23 PM06-04 - Looks like Jason isn't getting a trial

I had something of substance to say, but I lost it once I realized something:

Jason Da`Real of Clan Daryil.

Da`Real. Daryil.  :mwaha

Yes, I'm put in mind of some real-life spelling differences in surnames: Carnegie/Carnegy, Ogilvy/Ogilvie, etc

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 24, 2024, 02:41:23 PMDa`Real. Daryil.  :mwaha

Yes, a lot of the clan members have obfuscated surnames for posing as Beings.  I think I accidentally called him "Jason D'Aryil" at one point but "Da'Real" is the usual one, and yes, it was borrowed from the artist "TaniDaReal".

This is also why Jerry sometimes goes by "Jimmy Tarn".

I presume that 'Cubi have more secure aliases bearing no resemblance to their name or clan, for when it's life-or-death imperative that they not be suspected of being a Creature.

Starcat5

Starcat5

06-06 - Lady Featherstone might be a problem client

Honestly, the page title sums up everything I have to say. So many "I am one of the arc villains" flags with Lady Featherstone so far.

Starcat5

06-07 - They'll grow back

Remind me again how many Beings we have in this party? We have the Lady who is clearly running a long con, and Spots here with his anger management issues. Who else is left?  :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 13, 2024, 10:59:07 AMRemind me again how many Beings we have in this party? We have the Lady who is clearly running a long con, and Spots here with his anger management issues. Who else is left?  :<

Ben used to be a Being.  Daniel may have been brought up as one - even if he wasn't, he thinks and acts enough like one to easily pass for it.

But the fact is, Roger is the only real Being in that chapter of the guild.

Starcat5

06-08 - Unlike Jason, Daryiil -is- having a good time

A little behind on this, but I notice that those suppressers are color-coded to match US Police lights. Between this and the fact that this is an avatar, would it be fair to say that said suppressers are not at all effective right now?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 26, 2024, 05:51:45 AMA little behind on this, but I notice that those suppressers are color-coded to match US Police lights. Between this and the fact that this is an avatar, would it be fair to say that said suppressers are not at all effective right now?

That would be a reasonable assumption.

joshofspam

06-10 Odd bribes and macabre jokes

It must be hard to be the serious one in the family, when you have a trickster like Daryil as the head of the family clan.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.