[ZTAT Chapter 3]

Started by Starcat5, December 19, 2023, 01:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

3-01 - Quite a wake-up call

Not a great way to wake up, but at least you're waking up at all.  :<
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

3-02 - "Really good spellcasters call out a differerent spell name when they cast." -InhumanInterest

Burn it with fire DOES seem to be the appropriate response. Also unsure if the typo is in the page title, or in the quote's source.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

3-03 - The numbers don't lie

That moment when you realize just how much you have in common with the thing you have a phobia about, and your brain has trouble processing. 😐

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 26, 2024, 03:43:28 PMThat moment when you realize just how much you have in common with the thing you have a phobia about, and your brain has trouble processing. 😐

Well, Mateo is a Being, but it does mean that he's the only party member who's not 8-limbed

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2024, 06:37:42 PMMateo is a Being

*Long slow blink* Huh. Didn't notice before. I guess I'm just too used to Cubi being shapeshifters. :erk

Merlin

clan leaders are decapods

i should draw daryil or dimanika as a crab

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Merlin on January 27, 2024, 05:07:33 PMclan leaders are decapods

i should draw daryil or dimanika as a crab

Bonus points if you include them singing a line from "Shiny". :mowtongue

Starcat5

3-04 - There's no such thing as a stupid question. But there are stupid answers.

Hay now! Quality and dependable tech support is hard to find.  :rolleyes

Merlin

tbf zeta's support probably wasn't that quality, unless they tricked ash into helping

Starcat5

3-06 - For once, Mary isn't the one charging into battle

Once again, a reminder that while Demons are more violent and Angels invented eating souls, Cubi are the group most likely to be attacked on sight.  :<

joshofspam

Quote from: Starcat5 on March 15, 2024, 12:28:50 PM3-06 - For once, Mary isn't the one charging into battle

Once again, a reminder that while Demons are more violent and Angels invented eating souls, Cubi are the group most likely to be attacked on sight.  :<
I've actually come to wonder if the Angels really discovered that, or they simply "stole" it from the dragons. And the dragons just let it be thought that other creatures came up with the technique.

From what we've heard about dragons in Amber's story, giving the creatures a rigged to slowly poison another raise of beings into extinction technique of soul eating certainly sounds like an underhanded thing for the dragons to do.

To a certain degree, it might explain why Cyra was able to achieve Tri-wing form when it became such a rare thing at that point. She might have started out using the poisoning method at first, but the dragons form of it eventually overtook her flawed form of soul eating and allowed it to succeed.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Starcat5

Quote from: joshofspam on March 15, 2024, 05:04:56 PM<snip>

Ok, that is dark, devious, and I wouldn't put it past one or more of them to do just that.

ProfesseurRenard

3-07 - Beheading them is the worst way to end a friendship

Don't you hate it when you're on one side of an issue and someone you thought of as a friend has been roped into the opposition?

Starcat5

3-08 - The commission would have been a bit more specific in that case

You know things have gone sideways when Mary is the voice of reason.  :mowdizzy

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on April 13, 2024, 12:57:44 AM3-08 - The commission would have been a bit more specific in that case

You know things have gone sideways when Mary is the voice of reason.  :mowdizzy

Yeah, it's like the daughter of Dick "9/11 was torture" Cheney being the only sane speaker at that one Republican convention.