2023-10-30 [DMFA filler - unfinished Fa'Lina wallpaper]

Started by Infranscia, October 30, 2023, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

Okay, this might get a little awkward to some... but in all fairness, apparently very few people have an ACTUAL idea of how breasts work... unless maybe they work in the right medical field, or something.

...And I so happen to have been raised by someone who had a medical-related job for a long time, and is still a major science nerd. 😅  (And am also fairly nerdy, myself...)

I'll try to keep it as toned down as I can manage (though I wouldn't be surprised if this is MORE awkward in some ways), but for anyone curious (without using reference pics 😅😅 )...

But yeah, there's a lot of misconceptions...  For one, something that's been pointed out to me is that they're not just... stuck on front.  Some of the tissue actually connects to the area under the armpit, adding some extra support.

Similarly, they're not really round... unless maybe they're super-huge.  I'd say kinda dome-shaped, or maybe a rounded-cone-ish shape is more likely in most cases.  Basically, there's no real reason for them to "balloon," generally.  Growing "forward-ish" is more likely than, uh... "all directions but back"...?

That said, unless they're actively being smooshed together by something external, there's going to be at least a little bit of spread.  In fact, the most natural position appears to be something like a 90-degree angle (45-degrees from center, each), though it's going to be more-subtle for those who have been using said added support.

And in general, there's a lot more natural support than people think, esp. if they've... had to learn to support themselves.  (You know how muscles atrophy if they're not used?  Yeah, applies here, too.)  They're not gonna droop as much as people think (esp. if not that big), though "straight forward," in general, is not natural.

So... Yeah, not sure how to get more-detailed without image refs. 😅  I've admittedly wanted to do a tutorial about this, at some point.  Never did, kind of forgot until now...

I'll add one other little thing that's become a bit of a pet peeve: You know the "Large-chested, with well-defined-abs warrior" trope?  Doesn't work.  I mean, I see why people like it, but physiologically, chest size is probably going to be lost more-quickly than belly fat, with the idea apparently being to have a little extra cushion in case a kid is had.  Some abs showing is feasible when athletic enough, but well-defined abs aren't likely to happen unless there's also a flat (or really small) chest.  (Case in point: try doing an image search for "female Olympic athletes" or something like that.)
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Merlin