[Bounty Project Chapter 05]

Started by Starcat5, October 25, 2023, 08:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

05-01 - The last fish supper

Making the new thread on my phone. And for once, our dear leader isn't the one responsible for the incomprehensible display we see before us.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Yeah, strange to think Daryil's got competition when it comes to eccentric behaviour. Incidentally, there is butter mentioned in the Bible. Just not in the Gospels- or even the New Testament.

Liatai

Daryil's the new kid on the block when it comes to 'cubi eccentricity, too. I reckon our new fishy messiah is a Dimanika, or part of some other confusion clan. XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: Liatai on October 25, 2023, 10:08:13 PMDaryil's the new kid on the block when it comes to 'cubi eccentricity, too. I reckon our new fishy messiah is a Dimanika, or part of some other confusion clan. XD

They are. This character previously appeared in The Book of Tenets, page 25.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2023, 03:58:28 AM
Quote from: Liatai on October 25, 2023, 10:08:13 PMDaryil's the new kid on the block when it comes to 'cubi eccentricity, too. I reckon our new fishy messiah is a Dimanika, or part of some other confusion clan. XD

They are. This character previously appeared in The Book of Tenets, page 25.

"Fish. Why did it have to be fish?"

Infranscia

Ah yes, the old 'Good vs. Evil' versus 'Law vs. Chaos' idea, a la Dungeons and Dragons (for one). 😆

IMO, pirating could potentially be evil, but isn't necessarily.  Too much of it can severely impact someone's hard work, of course.  And I'm not coming up with other ideas that, realistically, would be all that evil, but I'm not ruling it out entirely.

But yeah, for anyone unawares, a common example of "Lawful Evil" would more-or-less be the whole vicious tyrant thing - someone who uses the law for evil means.  Evicting a little old lady could be an example of that. 😜
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Raskahn

Quote from: Infranscia on November 08, 2023, 01:51:03 AMAh yes, the old 'Good vs. Evil' versus 'Law vs. Chaos' idea, a la Dungeons and Dragons (for one). 😆

IMO, pirating could potentially be evil, but isn't necessarily.  Too much of it can severely impact someone's hard work, of course.  And I'm not coming up with other ideas that, realistically, would be all that evil, but I'm not ruling it out entirely.

But yeah, for anyone unawares, a common example of "Lawful Evil" would more-or-less be the whole vicious tyrant thing - someone who uses the law for evil means.  Evicting a little old lady could be an example of that. 😜

That old lady had it coming!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on November 08, 2023, 01:51:03 AMAh yes, the old 'Good vs. Evil' versus 'Law vs. Chaos' idea, a la Dungeons and Dragons (for one). 😆

Heh.  This dialogue was something I wrote way, way back - possibly between PF and Epsilon - and it wasn't until Bounty that I found a good place to use it.
So, it's quite possible that I did this before having seen the DnD alignment chart, and I didn't actually make the connection until you pointed it out - even though we've described Mary as 'Lawful Evil'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Liatai

Heehee. In D&D circles, we have a name for the alignment of folks like that bovine fellow; Lawful Stupid. X3

(Usually used for folks who are playing paladins poorly, leaning way too heavily on the Lawful side of the Lawful Good equation. Getting the player to contemplate things like the Daryil clan is doing is a good cure! X3)

Starcat5

05-10 - Actually most of them were wearing shiny gloves

I'll be honest. I read ahead on this. But even if I hadn't, the twist was obvious once it was clear this was Jakob's son. Setting a negative bounty is exactly the sort of thing our Lord and Trickster would do if he could get away with it.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on December 27, 2023, 12:09:25 PM05-10 - Actually most of them were wearing shiny gloves

I'll be honest. I read ahead on this. But even if I hadn't, the twist was obvious once it was clear this was Jakob's son. Setting a negative bounty is exactly the sort of thing our Lord and Trickster would do if he could get away with it.

Yeah, definitely Daryil's style. I wonder how long it will take for the negative bounty thing to become common knowledge once the bull bitches and moans about it at the nearest tavern...