2023/10/20 [Epsilon Chapter 45]

Started by Starcat5, October 20, 2023, 02:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

45-01 - Aligning 24 tracks for fun and profit

Another chapter, another thread. And as the one who has been making these threads for everyone's enjoyment this past year, I have to ask: Why are we prefacing the Subject title with the date the chapter started? I only do that because all the topics from before my tenure as Thread Maker did so. If there is a reason for it, I'll keep it up, but if this is just tradition for tradition's sake, than I would very much like to drop it.  :mowdizzy

On topic, seeing the tentacle wolf reading something for Niall left me wondering... This seems like something Mab (Author) would do in canon just to mess with Dan's spatial awareness early on, but I can't for the life of me remember it happening. If this is DMFA canon, can someone post a link to the page in question?
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Raskahn

I was wondering the same thing when it comes to dating the threads. It's a bit of a tedious thing to do and I actually do consider it to be a tradition. It's been that way for as long as I remember. The only recent change is that we agreed to have chapter threads instead of page ones.

I'm all for removing it if it is indeed unnecessary. Or perhaps it will break some sort of script in the background.  :P

Tentacle wolf is also performing an important safety measure by wearing an anti-static bracelet.
No, it will still mean you get shocked if you touch a live connection but at least the expensive machine is safe(r) from your stupid body frying the circuitry.   

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on October 20, 2023, 11:46:35 AMTentacle wolf is also performing an important safety measure by wearing an anti-static bracelet.
No, it will still mean you get shocked if you touch a live connection but at least the expensive machine is safe(r) from your stupid body frying the circuitry.   

Yes.  I don't know, but I'd suspect that it is even more important given 'Cubi fashion.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Liatai

Quote from: Raskahn on October 20, 2023, 12:14:48 PM

Over 15 and a half years?! What a great safety record! X3

(I could use a 0-days version for my furry friends in the tech sector...)

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Raskahn on October 20, 2023, 11:46:35 AMI was wondering the same thing when it comes to dating the threads. It's a bit of a tedious thing to do and I actually do consider it to be a tradition. It's been that way for as long as I remember. The only recent change is that we agreed to have chapter threads instead of page ones.

I'm all for removing it if it is indeed unnecessary. Or perhaps it will break some sort of script in the background.  :P

Personally, I rather like knowing what date a certain thread was started- more or less. Makes a good benchmark for how long the discussion of a page or chapter can last.

Raskahn

Quote from: Liatai on October 20, 2023, 08:11:48 PMOver 15 and a half years?! What a great safety record! X3

It's super strange but, I contacted Jayhawk Cybernetics and their records didn't go back past 01/03/2008.

Merlin

Quote from: Raskahn on October 21, 2023, 02:48:08 PM
Quote from: Liatai on October 20, 2023, 08:11:48 PMOver 15 and a half years?! What a great safety record! X3

It's super strange but, I contacted Jayhawk Cybernetics and their records didn't go back past 01/03/2008.

the tax act says they only have to hold records back that far and are allowed to purge older ones

Raskahn

45 - 02 - Halloween Special

Love this throwback to I, Panther page 07.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Raskahn on October 27, 2023, 12:39:11 PM45 - 02 - Halloween Special

Love this throwback to I, Panther page 07.

Heh, yes, very amusing.

Starcat5

Quote from: Raskahn on October 20, 2023, 11:46:35 AMThe only recent change is that we agreed to have chapter threads instead of page ones.

"All that I can say is that you're welcome!"  :mowmeep

I wasn't kidding about being the one making most of the threads for the last year. I take pride in my work, and I am glad to hear that said work and innovations are appreciated.  :mowcookie

Sorry for the late reply. Laptop and Tower are both down, and I am reading the comic via mobile.  :mowdizzy

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Raskahn

Quote from: Starcat5 on October 28, 2023, 10:31:36 PM
Quote from: Raskahn on October 20, 2023, 11:46:35 AMThe only recent change is that we agreed to have chapter threads instead of page ones.

I wasn't kidding about being the one making most of the threads for the last year. I take pride in my work, and I am glad to hear that said work and innovations are appreciated.  :mowcookie

Sorry for the late reply. Laptop and Tower are both down, and I am reading the comic via mobile.  :mowdizzy

I'm afraid we have some of the worst (or best...) forum lurkers on this forum, myself included.
So it's super nice to have at least a few people that are actively making the threads. :D

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Raskahn on October 29, 2023, 04:01:56 PM

I'm afraid we have some of the worst (or best...) forum lurkers on this forum, myself included.
So it's super nice to have at least a few people that are actively making the threads. :D

I've made my fair share of threads on this forum too. Trouble is, I seldom ever get them beyond the starting entry.

Raskahn

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 29, 2023, 05:32:25 PM

I've made my fair share of threads on this forum too. Trouble is, I seldom ever get them beyond the starting entry.

True, one of the reasons the chapter threads saw the light of day is related to that.

We need more traffic! What do you suggest? Should we have flame wars, or perhaps AI generated shipping fanfics, Oeh! Drama. Drama always does well.  :3

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Raskahn on October 30, 2023, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 29, 2023, 05:32:25 PM

True, one of the reasons the chapter threads saw the light of day is related to that.

We need more traffic! What do you suggest? Should we have flame wars, or perhaps AI generated shipping fanfics, Oeh! Drama. Drama always does well.  :3

And here I was thinking I was just some boring tosser.

I don't think flame wars would go down well with the higher-ups. How would you suggest going about the drama?

Merlin

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on November 01, 2023, 06:47:26 AMI do love me some shipping wars

Now, let's see if I can ship Lord Cyra and Quirk, Lautrec thought to himself with a wicked grin.

Raskahn

Quote from: Merlin on November 01, 2023, 06:47:26 AMI do love me some shipping wars

Shipping War Drama! The forum is saved! Huzzah!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2023, 07:11:27 AM

Now, let's see if I can ship Lord Cyra and Quirk, Lautrec thought to himself with a wicked grin.

It is an interesting pairing, I'll admit.

Merlin

i'm going to have to createa bunch of mary sue characters just to ship with existing characters brb

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on November 02, 2023, 02:16:28 AMi'm going to have to createa bunch of mary sue characters just to ship with existing characters brb

I don't remember seeing many of the new Primary Line characters you wanted to create.  The only one I can think of is Diego, and he was a retrofit of my old CatBiker character...

Merlin

Yeah I haven't drawn very much non-comic art for a bit. I should drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

shipping art

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2023, 07:11:27 AM

Which one? There have been three of them! Four, if you count Dan's grandma.  :P

Merlin

Lord Cyra is from the Xerian sequel, highly recommended read

but yes it would also be difficult to pick up Dan if your opening line is "i am dating your mum and/or grandma"

perfect for shipping