2023/10/9 [Xer Chapter 13]

Started by Starcat5, October 09, 2023, 02:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

13-01 - Out of commission
Ah, yes. Nothing quite like figuring out who the Baddie of the Arc is, only for them to promptly capture and Damsel you. -_(\
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Liatai

Whoa, wait, her wings are gone? Demons heal quick, did they cut them off? O_o; Or were the wings a magical effect to start with?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Liatai on October 09, 2023, 07:23:07 AMWhoa, wait, her wings are gone? Demons heal quick, did they cut them off? O_o; Or were the wings a magical effect to start with?

Yeah, some of the bracers will do this, they're like a military-grade version of the Creature-To-Being amulet Kria has.

We've been a bit inconsistent as to whether that happens or not, but it is likely that like locks, there are several different brands of restraint and some are rated at higher security levels than others.

It may also vary depending on how much dignity you are giving the Creature - having their wings disappeared is not exactly a recipe for cooperation, so you might not need to do that if they're going peacefully or are hopelessly overwhelmed.
On the other hand, it will definite stop a rogue 'cubi from playing shapeshifting games.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Liatai

Ah, that makes sense! I was confused because previous renditions of demons in cuffs have had them winged. Given that these folks have such a strong anti-wing bias, too, it makes sense that they would go for the extra-strong ones. (It does beg the question of why they opted for the weaker ones on the Nialls, though. Trying to make sure he had access to wing tentacles for manipulation of components?)

Starcat5

13-03 - One man's prison is another man's library

Which raises an interesting question: which departments actually require torture rooms, plural.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Raskahn

Quote from: Starcat5 on October 22, 2023, 02:51:22 PM13-03 - One man's prison is another man's library

Which raises an interesting question: which departments actually require torture rooms, plural.

In my experience, customer service. Typically. Oh and HR.

Raskahn

13-04 - I'll be honest, that was one of my favourite lines

If this doesn't end up with an electricity related punchline I'm going to be very disappointed.

Raskahn

13-05 - A man's gloves are his castle

Remember that time when you felt the same way about your mom's fashion choices that she foisted upon you? And how, when given the option to choose for yourself, you dressed like the angsty teenager that you were? And that time produced a bunch of very ackward family foto's?
Yeah... I bet that outfit is just waiting patiently for Xer back at the base.  :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on November 04, 2023, 07:53:27 PMIf this doesn't end up with an electricity related punchline I'm going to be very disappointed.

Hopefully you'll only be slightly disappointed

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2023, 08:20:24 AM
Quote from: Raskahn on November 04, 2023, 07:53:27 PMIf this doesn't end up with an electricity related punchline I'm going to be very disappointed.

Hopefully you'll only be slightly disappointed

I'm a sucker for a good punchline :P

Tapewolf

Time to see how disappointed you are!