2023/09/30 [I.G.C. Chapter 02]

Started by Starcat5, October 01, 2023, 12:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

02-01 - Not a guild-sanctioned operation, clearly

My browser cookies are still on a local Mayer or Noble doing something shady, Adventurer Neckbreaker stuck his nose into it, and now said local leader has issued a legal but immoral Bounty upon him.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Starcat5

02-06 - Abisin might know a bit too much

...yeah, this has "trap" written all over it.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Infranscia

Quote from: Starcat5 on December 08, 2023, 07:40:34 PM02-06 - Abisin might know a bit too much

...yeah, this has "trap" written all over it.

Yeeaaaahhh... That's pretty sus. =P
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Starcat5

02-07 - Struggling to remain impartial

I admit, I am also struggling to remain impartial. For all I know, Abisin might just be racist rather than part of the conspiracy. "Never chalk up to Malice what could just as easily be Incompetence" and all that.

Starcat5

02-08 - Blame it on the contractor

Aisha is going to wind up on a "Dead Only" Wanted poster at some point, isn't she.  :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 20, 2024, 06:26:37 PM02-08 - Blame it on the contractor

Aisha is going to wind up on a "Dead Only" Wanted poster at some point, isn't she.  :<

To be fair, she probably is already, just not here.  Bring enough people in, and you'll make enemies.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

02-09 - A tree is as good a place as any to contemplate your own mortality

...and speaking of someone probably wanted "Dead Only" at this point...

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 10, 2024, 01:48:16 AM02-09 - A tree is as good a place as any to contemplate your own mortality

Yeah, I wonder if anyone has tried hanging a Demon in the past. Perhaps in the early days before they found out beheading was more effective?

Starcat5

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 10, 2024, 01:48:16 AM02-09 - A tree is as good a place as any to contemplate your own mortality

Just reread the relevant pages, and he is in fact wanted "alive only". That said, I suspect the plan is for him to die "escaping captivity" once they get what they want out of him.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 11, 2024, 03:26:27 PM

Just reread the relevant pages, and he is in fact wanted "alive only". That said, I suspect the plan is for him to die "escaping captivity" once they get what they want out of him.

I would've thought the block would be their intended end for him...

Starcat5

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 17, 2024, 03:07:14 PMI would've thought the block would be their intended end for him...

A public execution? On an Adventurer in good standing? Seems like a good way of going from one Goody Two Shoes sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, to suddenly being swarmed with them. Best to silence him in private and BS an explanation to the Guild. Assuming they plan on killing him in the end. Depends on their long-term plans, really.

Starcat5

02-10 - Someone's Been Murdered!

Oof... So much catchup right now...

I was going to ask who else figured that this was the time and location O`kaar gave, but he mentioned "Tonight". The skyline is not night. I am so glad I double checked that.

In more site-related issues, the link to the "end" of the story has a typo.

Starcat5

02-11 - A fate worse than death

Soul Stealing?!? What the Flying Dutchman is going on here?  :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on March 10, 2024, 02:05:34 PM02-11 - A fate worse than death

Soul Stealing?!? What the Flying Dutchman is going on here?  :mowdizzy

This may put the opening scene into perspective.

Starcat5

Page 01-01, panel 4... "One of the Lord's Men". Such a small line. So easy to miss. So hard to unsee once seen.  :mowdizzy

Starcat5

02-12 - Confronting guards is never a good look

Once again, this is not night. This is late afternoon at most. The only reason this scenario is playing out as scripted is because EVERYONE showed up early, including the victim.  :<

...that said, it is playing out as intended, and our heroine isn't close enough to make out what the two are talking about. To quote Transformers Prime: "This is going to be juicy!:mwaha

Tapewolf

Given that Merlin's under pressure right now and we're dropping updates right, left and centre, expecting a redraw of multiple pages seems a bit much, perhaps?
Which comics should go on hiatus to get this fixed?

If this is going to be a problem it would be easiest to retcon the dialogue where the time of day was given.

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 22, 2024, 10:33:06 PMGiven that Merlin's under pressure right now and we're dropping updates right, left and centre, expecting a redraw of multiple pages seems a bit much, perhaps?
Which comics should go on hiatus to get this fixed?

If this is going to be a problem it would be easiest to retcon the dialogue where the time of day was given.

I have mentioned  before that my comments in these threads are best taken with a pinch of salt and a fist full of popcorn. I am already aware that the artist is stretched thin ATM, on top of "normal" stresses connected to the medium.

On the issue of "Fixing" things, it is probably best to keep going and make the adjustments once things have settled down. As far as the actual edits: I was thinking about adding a thought balloon noting that Aisha was glad she came by early, either to this page or a future one. Didn't even think about changing the stated time.

Either way, it can wait. Better to keep the updates coming (barring breaks for physical/mental health) and fix the issue in Post.  :mowsad

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on March 23, 2024, 04:53:23 AMEither way, it can wait. Better to keep the updates coming (barring breaks for physical/mental health) and fix the issue in Post.  :mowsad

Well, Merlin somehow managed to pull it off.  It's now evening.  Gonna look a little weird to people following on Twitter and Bluesky, but what can you do...

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2024, 08:26:06 PMWell, Merlin somehow managed to pull it off.  It's now evening.  Gonna look a little weird to people following on Twitter and Bluesky, but what can you do...

Wow. Boy did they ever Post-Production the heck out of those pages... 😲🤯🥰

Merlin

thanks for the heads up on the pages so I could get em fixed! just a heads up for you though, despite the name I'm not a he, I go by they/them ;)

Starcat5

Quote from: Merlin on March 25, 2024, 06:02:32 AMthanks for the heads up on the pages so I could get em fixed! just a heads up for you though, despite the name I'm not a he, I go by they/them ;)

Post edited.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Merlin on March 25, 2024, 06:02:32 AMthanks for the heads up on the pages so I could get em fixed! just a heads up for you though, despite the name I'm not a he, I go by they/them ;)

Much obliged for the edits, chuck. Sorry about all the inclement weather and related dickery down your way.