[14-08-2023] [RE 80.23] Sir-cut-tree

Started by Lying Foo, August 13, 2023, 09:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

Huh.  I'd say Ada might be able to lend a hand, but there is the slight issue of her not having been born.

This girl's not in any of the future comics, is she?  Only if not, I have to wonder what it is the bartenders find so "interesting" about her... presumably not just that she magically cooled her soup... although since I'm pretty sure that's elemental magic, well, there might be some trouble brewing.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ProfesseurRenard

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

I meant the NG+ (or something I can't type) character named for her (or named for a language named for her, rather), but the joke was based on her being named for her.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on August 13, 2023, 02:16:40 PMI meant the NG+ (or something I can't type) character named for her (or named for a language named for her, rather), but the joke was based on her being named for her.

To be fair, it would be interesting if the Ada in the comic formerly known as New Game + was anywhere near as clever in mechanical wizardry as Lord Byron's daughter.

Merlin

It's true, Ada was named after the language named after Lovelace because I was learning it at the time and I would like to report I never really learned Ada

Adriana has only so far appeared in Dhark's Hero School, the thing what I someday will go back to making

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on August 14, 2023, 04:23:02 AMIt's true, Ada was named after the language named after Lovelace because I was learning it at the time and I would like to report I never really learned Ada

Adriana has only so far appeared in Dhark's Hero School, the thing what I someday will go back to making
That's a big reason why I don't remember them then.  But given the enormous span of the comics, that tends to happen regardless.

I have forgotten everything I knew about Ada except that it was so safe you couldn't do anything useful with it.  It didn't even support bit manipulations and the lecturers had to give us a library they'd hacked together to try and simulate it very slowly.

Merlin

I am all the times forgetting my own comic character names.

Here's Ada from sunmoon/ng+:

and Adriana will definitely appear much more in Random Encounter and maybe...even... darkness falls!

I think I was meant to be learning Ada to do multi-threaded stuff but then I never did. I feel like I'm getting along fine without it but I spent all day wrangling some shitty c# libraries so am i really

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on August 14, 2023, 06:37:37 AMI am all the times forgetting my own comic character names.

Here's Ada from sunmoon/ng+:

Oh, I remember her!  Just not her name.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on August 13, 2023, 09:18:43 AMHuh.  I'd say Ada might be able to lend a hand, but there is the slight issue of her not having been born.

This girl's not in any of the future comics, is she?  Only if not, I have to wonder what it is the bartenders find so "interesting" about her... presumably not just that she magically cooled her soup... although since I'm pretty sure that's elemental magic, well, there might be some trouble brewing.

Haha, I just wanted Adriana to cameo before the new year begins. She's easily my favorite of the new class. She's a funny kid, a bit of a brat. She is very much a 14-year old about things (which is fine because she is 14).

Blaze is calling her interesting not just because she used ice magic to cool down her soup instead of waiting for it to cool like a normal person, but that she overshot how much power she needed and is stubbornly consuming her soup like a popsicle.

As for Meaver and his circuitry... he's an offworlder who can produce his own magic, from a planet that used magic as renewable energy in
their technology for basically everything. He wants to bring some modern conveniences to LaRaGa except using local enchantments so things can be easily reproduced.

Naturally he needs local help to make it work but he makes smaller (much smaller) scale models he powers himself. One day we'll see more into Meaver's endeavors in another comic but who knows when that will be.
...By Puyon