Teaser

Started by Fizzbit, September 17, 2005, 10:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzbit

Awhile back I drew a picture of Sypha and Trevor standing side by side and never really felt like sitting down to work on coloring it. Well, I finally got around to coloring it about a week or two ago after my dad got Adobe Photoshop CS2. I decided "Alright, let's see what this can do as opposed to Corel."

Well, this is the result so far. I temporarily turned it into a greyscale so you guys are left in a bit of suspense... Everyone I've shown this to so far thinks it's coming along great.

"Well what's your comparison on Corel Painter IX and Adobe Photoshop CS2?"
Everyone's asked that, too. My answer: Corel is a great program if you want to get the look of realistic mediums. Their artists' oils brushes are very nice looking, among others. CS2 offers a wider variety of tools that might not look as realistic, but it allows you to get the look of backgrounds and textures with little effort.

So anyway, here's the picture in progress.

And I can only work on this on the weekends... goddamn school with Honors and AP classes...

Destina Faroda

You're too awesome. You do know that, right?  I mean even seeing your work in progress it is unfathomable to me how you do what you do.  I think you literally see things most people don't.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I have to look into CS2, but CS wasn't anything special. Photoshop 7.0 was about all the photoshop anyone needed.

Fizzbit

Destina - thanks for the comment ^_^ I just got done with Trevor's skin and hair, getting ready to start on his clothes.

Darkmoon - Well, I have yet to see PS7, sorry =P. But I'll be working with that in Computers&Technology class, so I'll give you a comparison on that when I'm finished with the photoshop course.

Darkmoon

(nods)

CS was just prone to crashing, and seince none of the features were really different in there from 7.0 I never saw the point in using it.

Fizzbit

OK we started in Photoshop today in school.

From first glance, CS2 is just like PS7, only with a lot more stuff. We haven't gotten in depth, but I did play around a bit with it in class and PS7 is just CS2's predecessor.

CS2 is shinier >>

Darkmoon

Lemme know if CS2 is actually more stable though in the long term. If it is, I may try and whore a copy of ICVD's resident pirate.