2022-06-01 [DMFA #2080] - The investigators were paid in exposure

Started by WhyNot?, June 01, 2022, 02:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyNot?

Okay, so I think we haven't seen the Dragon mentioned here....unless it turns out to be the one from the Hybrid Genetics comic in which case that's a heck of a pull.

Hizell and the Dragon Dan lost a bet to are red
Shanna is black with blue underside
Balorie is orange
M'chek was green, though if it matters in Dragons when it comes to descendants is unclear
Rattling off some one panel cameos: The Dragon who sat on a car is brown, the one who killed the vampires is blue/green but black undersided and the one who stood on Dan in those non-canon comics is pink.

I'm fairly certain that's all the ones we can make out on screen. There are some referenced or unclear examples, the ticklish one who married a Being is unseen and the council member is obscured by shadow for instance, but I think I've covered what we're aware of.

Starcat5

@WhyNot?: Have a +1 Karma. That was one heck of an archive dive you pulled there.  :mowcookie
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Starcat5 on June 01, 2022, 04:19:16 AM
@WhyNot?: Have a +1 Karma. That was one heck of an archive dive you pulled there.  :mowcookie
Now if only there were links to those dragons cause I only remember Heizell and the bet dragon Dan owed money to.
They seemed to be on good terms, I wonder how that dragon would react to Dan being a Clan Cyra Cubi?

The One Guy

joshofspam

I suppose one thing we can gather from this is Hizell didn't just pluck Edward from out of nowhere.

But another dragon convinced him to come along, and something happened during that time that got him in the presence of Hizell and made the dragon suspicious enough about something to put him on ice. We could assume Destania might know about this too being Edward's wife, asking clan Taun or using her own abilities to sneak a peek at the reports. This would explain part of why she's working with Biggs, Edward was seen last with some random dragon, rather than Hizell, and she needed Biggs to find out what happened to him.

But now we're left to wonder why this dragon singled him out to talk to him and why did Hizell put him in back of the freezer for later? Considering how the few scenes of Edward show his character, I'm guessing he said something that triggered Hizell and Edward never saw the stasis spell coming.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

WhyNot?

Quote from: The One Guy on June 01, 2022, 11:43:04 AM
Her wings are blue though.

.....Huh, my brain somehow didn't put together that the Being form wing color would likely carry over. Still it wasn't as if it was a particularly solid theory to start with.

Quote from: joshofspam on June 01, 2022, 12:00:03 PM
I suppose one thing we can gather from this is Hizell didn't just pluck Edward from out of nowhere.

(...)

But now we're left to wonder why this dragon singled him out to talk to him and why did Hizell put him in back of the freezer for later? Considering how the few scenes of Edward show his character, I'm guessing he said something that triggered Hizell and Edward never saw the stasis spell coming.

Interestingly enough we don't know that Hizell has him, all that's said is Dragons. Interestingly that does leave the door open for it to be their own separate faction within Dragon-kind working towards their own ends. It could explain why they both took an interest in Edward but did not even the basic looking into his life that would show his family if their goals weren't aligned on that front.

Quote from: joshofspam on June 01, 2022, 12:00:03 PM
We could assume Destania might know about this too being Edward's wife, asking clan Taun or using her own abilities to sneak a peek at the reports.

Dan says he already knew, which makes me think the guild was open about it. Even if you put aside the idea that they'd tell a Missing Person's family what they knew, the fact he was last seen walking off with someone asking for him specifically means you're probably going to ask if there's any chance he knew them. Also I don't think Destania is meant to have contacted anyone from the Cubi side of her life since she left, the way people talk about it make it seem like quite a clear cut.

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on June 01, 2022, 11:31:59 AM
Now if only there were links to those dragons cause I only remember Heizell and the bet dragon Dan owed money to.
They seemed to be on good terms, I wonder how that dragon would react to Dan being a Clan Cyra Cubi?

Debt Dragon
Shanna
Balorie
M'chek
Dragon sitting on car
Dragon standing on Vampires
Non-Canon Dragon

And, just because I did also mention them:
Ticklish Dragon
Council Dragon

Of course there's probably other background Dragons, at least in the earlier days before their position within the story was set, but I feel like that covers anyone who would gain even just one quick gag from being a previously seen Dragon.

As for how the Dragon would react to him being a Cyra Cubi....probably not well. The really dangerous thing is that presumably even well intentioned Dragons who legitimately believe Dan is also a good person would want him to assist in finding Cyra who, in their eyes, is incredibly evil.

Hariman

Hmm.  I'd raise the possibility that it might have been someone disguised as a dragon, but that's been countered already in the comic with multiple people stating that Dan's dad is with the dragons.

The biggest question seems to be "Why?", and my guess is that its a dragon sympathetic to Dan's dad who didn't want him caught in the crossfire between Destania and everyone else.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

The One Guy

I just had a random idea that's ... probably not true, but still interesting to think about:  What if Dan's dad fell in love with the dragon and was cheating on Destania with her before running off with her when Destania found out?  Now that would cast quite a different light on Destania wantting to find him!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: The One Guy on June 02, 2022, 12:47:15 PM
I just had a random idea that's ... probably not true, but still interesting to think about:  What if Dan's dad fell in love with the dragon and was cheating on Destania with her before running off with her when Destania found out?  Now that would cast quite a different light on Destania wantting to find him!
Hell hath no fury, eh?

Merlin

joshofspam

Quote from: Merlin on June 03, 2022, 06:05:25 AM
maybe dan's dad owes that dragon money
Maybe. Or possibly they're putting together a collection. You know, a gallery of things that put cubi in the ground. Being a part of the group that put Aniz in the ground probably added to his worth of being a dragon collectable.

Or maybe they are after something else Dan and his sister would know about. Maybe a certain spear tip that that was stolen and given to Jyrras recently. I mean something like that sounds like it would be something feared by the dragons and be something that they would put in their hoard. I do wonder if Alexsi's biological mother past will have a bigger part in the story as we get further into the story?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.