2022-04-05 [DMFA #2073] Stephen King disapproves

Started by 127.0.0.2, April 06, 2022, 07:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interesting worldbuilding there. I still wonder why you'd want to hire and adventure for a birthday party though? To exorcise cubi who hid among the guests? To tell stories?

A nitpick: Dan's big speech bubble has two "tails" (or however you call those things that show who is speaking), which made the reading order a bit confusing to me. Could it be that the top tail is a mistake?

MT Hazard

Looks like Arry has still got those dark lines under her eyes, but she could hardly be expected to recover from that ordeal overnight. Maybe its just eye shadow.

I'm curious to see how much work Amber has put into working out the logistics of adventuring as a career.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Merlin

MT Hazard

Quote from: Merlin on April 07, 2022, 01:57:38 AM
i want to see a clown adventurer

Like this one?

Nightmask

You'd think being retired he wouldn't be worrying about that.  But it does go along with his idea of trying to prepare himself and learn from past problems, like his learning to be effective in high heels after that ankle twist/break during his flashback to his first adventure with the amazons.

MT Hazard

I think Dan only retired because he thought he had a beings life span and that other adventurers ' tended to die in their thirties, mid battle'. Now he could potentially live for over a thousand years, he might want to get back into it.

Edit: found the relevant strip. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_314.php

Nightmask

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 08, 2022, 06:52:06 AM
I think Dan only retired because he thought he had a beings life span and that other adventurers ' tended to die in their thirties, mid battle'. Now he could potentially live for over a thousand years, he might want to get back into it.

Edit: found the relevant strip. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_314.php

You do have a point there, plus he's been forced into enough situations at this point or chosen to get into them that clearly he might as well forget about being retired and simply reactivate his adventurer status.  Although admittedly if/when his cubi status comes out I wonder how that'll affect his adventurer status considering as we've seen 'eh it's a dead cubi' lack of concern when a loving father was murdered for being a cubi is the norm.  Something that left Wildy embarrassed to admit when she was discussing things with that other adventurer.

Tuyu

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on April 06, 2022, 07:45:41 AM
Interesting worldbuilding there. I still wonder why you'd want to hire and adventure for a birthday party though? To exorcise cubi who hid among the guests? To tell stories?
Precaution against demon rampage, most likely. Plus guarding against random monster attacks. Most of the time, easy work, and there will most likely be cake.

(Of course a demon might choose to rampage a birthday party. Bonus points for getting the birthday child, and there will most likely be cake.)

Nightmask

Quote from: Tuyu on April 09, 2022, 03:25:58 AM
Precaution against demon rampage, most likely. Plus guarding against random monster attacks. Most of the time, easy work, and there will most likely be cake.

(Of course a demon might choose to rampage a birthday party. Bonus points for getting the birthday child, and there will most likely be cake.)

Sad how right you are about that.  We've already seen the one adventurer with the reveal his fiancee was actually a demon that slaughtered everyone at the wedding I think it was, given their attitudes of beings as basically animals for consumption turning a kid's birthday party into a bloodbath is something you can expect to be a possibility.

Merlin

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Nightmask on April 10, 2022, 01:19:58 AM

Sad how right you are about that.  We've already seen the one adventurer with the reveal his fiancee was actually a demon that slaughtered everyone at the wedding I think it was, given their attitudes of beings as basically animals for consumption turning a kid's birthday party into a bloodbath is something you can expect to be a possibility.

I think I might have missed that part.

Nightmask

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 10, 2022, 01:52:19 PM

He was the leader of the adventurer party that showed up and nearly killed Dan's sister after Dan's mother tricked them into thinking their former comrade Merlitz had been killed by a cubi at Lost Lake, then tried to kill Abel while he was defending her and then himself against them.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Nightmask on April 10, 2022, 10:25:56 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 10, 2022, 01:52:19 PM

He was the leader of the adventurer party that showed up and nearly killed Dan's sister after Dan's mother tricked them into thinking their former comrade Merlitz had been killed by a cubi at Lost Lake, then tried to kill Abel while he was defending her and then himself against them.

I remember those guys wanting to take Alexsi's head under the misapprehension that she was a 'Cubi...