2022-03-14 [DMFA #2071] A cunning trap

Started by Torano, March 14, 2022, 05:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torano

And lo, it was on this day that 'Aww's could be heard 'round the world, for the first time in a long time, the cubi known as Abel received the hug he deserved.

Akisohida

Jy know the power of his hugs. Or just hugs in general when you're feeling down.  :hug
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Glenn Griffon

Rather cute that this is the second arc in a row to have someone emotionally damaged soothed by the power of hugs.
I hope Amber will make it a trilogy with...i dunno, Dan or Alexi or someone.

Nightmask

So we've seen Dan's grandmother get the hug she so badly needed from Dan (albeit imaginary given the size difference), Regina finally receive a hug from someone who actually cares about her like she's so desperately needed, now Abel is getting the hug HE so desperately needs.  I wonder who else desperately needs one that we'll see get one next?

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Nightmask on March 14, 2022, 04:38:43 PM
So we've seen Dan's mother get the hug she so badly needed from Dan (albeit imaginary given the size difference), Regina finally receive a hug from someone who actually cares about her like she's so desperately needed, now Abel is getting the hug HE so desperately needs.  I wonder who else desperately needs one that we'll see get one next?

That was actually Dan's gran. I don't think Dan's mum is in the mood for hugs now (or ever).

Drakkenmensch

Abel: *is sad*
Jyrras: THE POWER OF HUGS COMPELS YOU!

Nightmask

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 14, 2022, 11:03:53 PM
Quote from: Nightmask on March 14, 2022, 04:38:43 PM
So we've seen Dan's mother get the hug she so badly needed from Dan (albeit imaginary given the size difference), Regina finally receive a hug from someone who actually cares about her like she's so desperately needed, now Abel is getting the hug HE so desperately needs.  I wonder who else desperately needs one that we'll see get one next?

That was actually Dan's gran. I don't think Dan's mum is in the mood for hugs now (or ever).

Yes, I meant grandmother not mother, while thinking how his mother won't be helped by one ever.

Hariman

Sometimes, you really do just need a hug.

Also... funnily enough, this is something that Jyrras and Dark Pegasus have in common.  They both apparently have an instinct for giving much needed hugs.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Tarakona

This is so adorable especially with the size differences! While kind of sad to think how many hundreds of years it has been since Able had a hug, it's so cute and heartwarming.

Also congrats on the updates Amber! Definitely treat yourself!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Hariman on March 15, 2022, 01:57:06 PM

Also... funnily enough, this is something that Jyrras and Dark Pegasus have in common.  They both apparently have an instinct for giving much needed hugs.

I wonder what these two hug-masters would make of each other if they ever met. Though I doubt there'd be much in the way of cordiality between everything Jyrras must have heard from Dan about DP's exploits and the fact that Jy once took a bite out of DP's sister's leg (though I'm unsure how Aliph would actually react to hearing of that...).

Hariman

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 15, 2022, 12:13:44 AM
Quote from: Hariman on March 15, 2022, 01:57:06 PM

I wonder what these two hug-masters would make of each other if they ever met. Though I doubt there'd be much in the way of cordiality between everything Jyrras must have heard from Dan about DP's exploits and the fact that Jy once took a bite out of DP's sister's leg (though I'm unsure how Aliph would actually react to hearing of that...).

I think the reactions would be:

Dark Pegasus:  *Internal screaming face.*

Jyrras:  *External screaming at Kria.*

Dan and Lorenda:  *Facepalming.*

Abel:  *Trying to not laugh.*

Devin:  *Openly laughing.*

Wildy:  *Openly laughing too.*

Mab:  *Distracted by a grass growing competition.*
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!