"Isn't that illegal?" "Only if you're over 18."
0 (0%)
>3
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

JousterL

Soooo... Defcon.

Who wants to join in the fun? :D
I'm seeing massive nuclear strikes by the mows through stealth bombers... countered of course by the equally vast stockpiles the yappities have been saving up in their secret subs off major coastal areas. >3

xHaZxMaTx

bill

I can't even beat the training level yet.  D:

Blazehawk

I really do want to assist in the complete annihilation of all life, but I have no money to do so.   :U

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Manawolf

Too global, I prefer something on a smaller scale, where I can actually watch with pleasure as my tanks roll over the enemy units.

Slavkei

Quote from: Manawolf on October 02, 2006, 11:02:26 PM
Too global, I prefer something on a smaller scale, where I can actually watch with pleasure as my tanks roll over the enemy units.

You've always got SOME issue, SOME thing to say "Blah, it's not good." Can't you ever just... y'know... be positive?

Zedd

thegayhare

Ohh I haven't heard of this one... Till now my nuclear gaming has been  contained to playing Mutually Assured Destruction.  I'll have to give this one a try.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Slavkei on October 06, 2006, 05:28:32 AM
You've always got SOME issue, SOME thing to say "Blah, it's not good." Can't you ever just... y'know... be positive?

uh...

"I positively hate this :censored game" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Since this is about the actual computer game DEFCON, and not just about WarGames, I'm moving it.

That is all.

:bunn :bunn :bunn
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

JousterL

Sorry about that. Thought it fit in General since I wasn't really discussing it's technical merits, so much as asking if anyone wanted to play. :/

Zedd

Its alright Jouster...I might have to send Abel on you again if you be bad *smirks devilish*

Blazehawk

Quote from: Zedd on October 07, 2006, 10:29:28 AM
Its alright Jouster...I might have to send Abel on you again if you be bad *smirks devilish*

Nah, I have better ways to make him behave.  >:3

Arcalane

I have an even better way. It's called the "STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD OR I FEED YOU TO THE PIRANHAS" stick. ;)

Back on topic!

DEFCON is fun. I have played one friend three times now - beat him once, he beat me twice (I made some stupid mistakes and he got lucky in the naval battle in the third game) so it's all good. :P

That said, it's quite hard managing to protect your people whilst nuking the hell out of the other team. Against a single AI, I managed to win with 98 points. 99.6 survivors, no deaths and 0.4 collateral from missiles being shot down (the explosion from an AA missile can damage cities, oddly enough) so I really did "win" that game I suppose. D:

Manawolf

Quote from: Slavkei on October 06, 2006, 05:28:32 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on October 02, 2006, 11:02:26 PM

I critique.  And you talk of wanting me to be positive?

I'm just more of a C&C fan.

Zedd

Seriously this game is too fun for most

HealingBlight

Hmmm, who dares challenge the nuke pimp? :3

(Edit)
Ok, I just played him again, his status has been downgraded to nuke whore. Heehee. :P

KarlOmega1

Question...where can you get the game?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

JousterL