2021-05-26 [DMFA #2041] - And now I actually feel sorry for Dark Pegasus

Started by techmaster-glitch, May 26, 2021, 01:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

As someone who also has a very hard time understanding people, I incredibly relate to DP's exact situation right now.  :animesweat

Trying to calmly and logically navigate through improving on some error that has been made, but the person you are talking to just won't stop pouring out emotions  :dface

"I am trying to improve upon this situation. YOU ARE MAKING IT VERY DIFFICULT."  :x

(although DP actually has it better here than I ever have; unlike me, he actually -is- making the current situation better, it just needs a little time to...process, first.  :B )

Glenn Griffon

I just made this account because I wanted to say that I love the progression of DP and Regina's relationship and the whole arc they have going. It gives us a nice view into two characters who seemed outright villains at one point and now they're two of my favorites. Aliph really does come across as a caring Uncle to his niece, something you wouldn't expect given his reputation and history.

I can hardly wait to see more.

Tuyu

It would appear he is sufficiently confused at the moment. "And the next moment, she was wrapped around him like three octopuses." :D

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Tuyu on May 26, 2021, 03:14:06 AM
It would appear he is sufficiently confused at the moment. "And the next moment, she was wrapped around him like three octopuses." :D

I've been predicting this outcome for a few weeks now. This may well be the moment where he not only refrains from refusing her hug, but returns one in kind as a way to alleviate his own guilt.

Ultimately, they will both come out better for this. Aliph needs to tell Regina how proud he is of her, he clearly treats her as the daughter he never had. He's also the surrogate father she needs.

Nightmask

Having someone actually care like that is obviously more than she's ever felt from her parents.  Pretty sad when the guy out to conquer the world and tried to raise an army of undead (including children if he hadn't been smacked by Kria and told it was a monumentally bad idea) is proving the actual good, caring father figure.

Renadt

Remember what Lorenda said- They have done many things wrong. Being a bad family was not one of them.

Hariman

Temporarily worse for Dark Pegasus, but as others have mentioned, it will get better once Dark Pegasus fully understands what's going on... and just how awful a narcissistic bastard Malle has been.

I want to hug Regina right now, and tell her everything will be okay, because I completely get what she's going through. My parents... were not the same type of narcissist/enabler that Malle and his wife are (or likely are, I'm not sure about Regina's mother and whether she's an enabler, another narcissist, or absent because Malle is a tw*t), but my parents were a narcissist and an enabler.

Having a narcissistic parent is a hell I would not inflict upon my worst enemies.

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on May 26, 2021, 02:41:36 AM
I just made this account because I wanted to say that I love the progression of DP and Regina's relationship and the whole arc they have going. It gives us a nice view into two characters who seemed outright villains at one point and now they're two of my favorites. Aliph really does come across as a caring Uncle to his niece, something you wouldn't expect given his reputation and history.

I can hardly wait to see more.

The subtlety and nuance is quite wonderful to read as it unfolds. :)

Quote from: Renadt on May 27, 2021, 09:00:19 PM
Remember what Lorenda said- They have done many things wrong. Being a bad family was not one of them.

It's impressive how much development has happened since Lorenda said that to Dan.

It's also a welcome confirmation that Aliph is good family, because Regina really NEEDS a stable and functional parent in her life to help her recover and heal from the damage that Malle has done with the bad parenting.

Quote from: Nightmask on May 26, 2021, 08:18:01 PM
Having someone actually care like that is obviously more than she's ever felt from her parents.  Pretty sad when the guy out to conquer the world and tried to raise an army of undead (including children if he hadn't been smacked by Kria and told it was a monumentally bad idea) is proving the actual good, caring father figure.

Dark Pegasus has kept to himself for much of his life, burying himself in his ambitions. He hasn't been absent from family life, though he's been a little distant (partly due to planning for such a long time, partly due to not liking personal interactions), he still cares.

I agree with your assessment.

Dark Pegasus being willing to say "please", and to apologize?

Definitely words/feelings that have never existed within Malle, and likely words and feelings that will NEVER exist within Malle, given what looks like blatant narcissism.

Regina will likely never get an apology from Malle for anything, because Malle will likely never understand that he COULD be wrong, or that others could matter as more than a stepping stone, a burden, or a way to gain something.

But just having Dark Pegasus as her guardian now?

A man who is willing to apologize and say "please" and CARE about her?

It's probably the most important day in her life.

Or maybe the second most important day of her life, with the first being when Dark Pegasus was brought back to life by her, setting the events that led to this day in motion.

Last of all...

Dark Pegasus has a lot to learn about being a parent/guardian, from Regina.

EDIT: Hmm. I forgot at least one point:

Regina was misunderstanding Dark Pegasus choosing his battles, and not arguing with Malle because Malle just doesn't understand conversation or respect.

I wonder if Regina thought that Dark Pegasus was taking care of her out of some familial obligation, instead of because of the fact he actually does care about her. Actually, I'm pretty sure that was the case, given that Regina's last coherent words on this page look to be a stunned "You care!"
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Rithm Alfortele

I actually find it kinda sweet that Regina's pissed, not because of DP assuming guardianship of her like that.

No, she's upset that, to her, it looked like DP took on a position of weakness.  She was upset that he, in her eyes, "let himself get walked all over."

She really does look up to him.

They bring out the parts of each other that worry about the other.