2021-3-01 [DMFA #2032] - Eerily throwable

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2021, 08:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Kangaroo-rat aerodynamics aside, this kind of perilous relationship seems to be quite common.  Pyroduck and Alexsi, for example.  Or Aniz and Destania (who was not only cruel and fickle enough that people thought she'd kill him on a whim, but is also a prime target for Hizell).  Edward and Destania (who, dragon thing aside, fell for her despite the fact she could obliterate him easily).
Then you've got disguised 'Cubi-'Cubi pairings with the possibility of either party getting found out and the resultant mess.

Presumably there are some kind of "our relationship just got dangerous" greetings cards too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuzma Volkov

So to Abel, Dan has a face that begs to be punched and Jyrras is easily throw-able... Wonder who's going to be the kick and slap one.

Radagast

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 01, 2021, 08:13:28 AM
Kangaroo-rat aerodynamics aside, this kind of perilous relationship seems to be quite common.  Pyroduck and Alexsi, for example.  Or Aniz and Destania (who was not only cruel and fickle enough that people thought she'd kill him on a whim, but is also a prime target for Hizell).  Edward and Destania (who, dragon thing aside, fell for her despite the fact she could obliterate him easily).
Then you've got disguised 'Cubi-'Cubi pairings with the possibility of either party getting found out and the resultant mess.

Presumably there are some kind of "our relationship just got dangerous" greetings cards too.

And let's not forget relationships with Demons, as Lorenda's father could attest...if he wasn't suffering from a severe case of 'deadness'.  (Though to be fair, that was a special kind of stupid on his part)

I said it before, I'll say it again: if we were to characterize Westeros as a rabid wolf, Furrae would be a Poison Arrow Frog; much more colorful, but there's ample danger hidden under those cheery colors. 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on March 01, 2021, 08:58:35 AM
So to Abel, Dan has a face that begs to be punched and Jyrras is easily throw-able... Wonder who's going to be the kick and slap one.
Add tails into the mix and you've got the hammer throw too.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on March 01, 2021, 08:39:38 PM

Pugilism, hammer throw, shot put... Amazing what Abel's personal relationships and the Olympics have in common.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 01, 2021, 10:49:59 PM

Pugilism, hammer throw, shot put... Amazing what Abel's personal relationships and the Olympics have in common.
Though I think sucker punches get ya disqualified in the Olympics.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on March 02, 2021, 11:56:42 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 01, 2021, 10:49:59 PM

Though I think sucker punches get ya disqualified in the Olympics.

Possibly. I'll have to check what sort of blows they permit in Olympic boxing.

Tuyu

Wildy was right alongside him. Even though drunk, I wonder if she had anything to do with the lack of drag.

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 01, 2021, 08:13:28 AM

I have to imagine the greeting card industry in Furrae is pretty lucrative. Bet they even have one specific to "Sorry one of my enemies nearly killed you." Especially for cubi or demons "Sorry about the slaying" condolence cards seem like they'd see a lot of use.

Jezerek

I particularly like how the primary defense of "I threw you" is "Well I'm throwable," instead of "Well it got me away from the dragon, so thanks for that." It shows a good sense of humor, a slight disregard for personal safety, or potentially a bit of both.

Nightmask

And if anyone knows about over-thinking yourself into a downward spiral it's Jyrras, so if he says you're in one you can trust his expertise to know he's right.

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Jezerek on March 07, 2021, 10:33:22 PM
I particularly like how the primary defense of "I threw you" is "Well I'm throwable," instead of "Well it got me away from the dragon, so thanks for that." It shows a good sense of humor, a slight disregard for personal safety, or potentially a bit of both.

Given his reaction back when Dan jumped off a cliff with him I'd definitely say both.