2020-04-20 [DMFA #1982] The drawback of having a Leader

Started by Tapewolf, April 20, 2020, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Interesting, it looks like this isn't the first time, so the Mythos may actually be used to Cyra having these attacks on occasion.

Also something for me to keep in mind, if the Leader is given a suffciently bad shock it can spill over to the clan members.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hariman

Holy #@(*&^*)#!$^*&()^&#@$. 

This REALLY shows just how much Aryanna was/is doing for Dan and everyone else by taking the brunt of Cyra's panic attack to keep Dan coherent. 

Destania... is hard to feel sympathy for, but some is there. She literally has no say in when these hit, and can't avoid them. And given that she's reduced to crying someone else' tears because of the emotional outpouring WITH barriers... yep. Aryanna gets a lot of credit here. 

And Destania gets a little sympathy for having no control over this.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

MT Hazard

Is it just me or does the wine bottle change size between panel 1 and 2?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

InhumanInterest

I'm somewhat surprised Biggs doesn't have a room of breakables or something to help with moments like this.

AzureEdge

Quote from: InhumanInterest on April 20, 2020, 09:20:10 AM
I'm somewhat surprised Biggs doesn't have a room of breakables or something to help with moments like this.
Well duh. That seems more like something a Demon would do rather than a Being. I mean, Kria has a room specifically for that, full of priceless items at that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AzureEdge on April 20, 2020, 09:52:56 AM
Well duh. That seems more like something a Demon would do rather than a Being. I mean, Kria has a room specifically for that, full of priceless items at that.

It's also a 'Cubi thing... If you're emotionally overwrought you need somewhere to dump it all.  So having one for Destania would definitely make sense.  He does enough business with Demons that it wouldn't be difficult to misdirect the reason it's there.

FWIW, Dan has actually used them twice in the same day:  Piflak's pillow room in #1816, then SAIA's facility in #1852.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Radagast

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 20, 2020, 08:13:53 AM
Is it just me or does the wine bottle change size between panel 1 and 2?

Well considering how virtually everything in Furrae is supersaturated with magic...I think we can handwave the size difference as magic bottle shenanigans. 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Cassi-kun

She just takes it out on his desk
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on April 20, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
She just takes it out on his desk

I can imagine Biggs's carpenter throwing a fit himself/herself/whatever at being called in to mend the damn thing again.

InhumanInterest

My reasoning was less that Biggs would use it himself and more that he would have one as a result of working so long with her.