2020-03-13 [DMFA #1976] Embarrassing old memories

Started by MT Hazard, March 13, 2020, 04:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

The time Dan got defeated by D.P and saw a friend die in front of him, not the best memory to revisit. Although the fact he considered it embarrassing rather than sad is odd though.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

mithril

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 13, 2020, 04:32:47 PM
The time Dan got defeated by D.P and saw a friend die in front of him, not the best memory to revisit. Although the fact he considered it embarrassing rather than sad is odd though.
it kinda hurts his "competent adventurer" self-image. i suspect he is still sad, but his grandma seeing it causing embarrassment to be the stronger emotion.

but i think it is a good one to show his Grandma.. his mom being actually motherly and not insane.

ProfesseurRenard

May I ask what makes you think this was after his first encounter with Dark Pegasus? I don't recall mummy being in the picture at that time.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 14, 2020, 04:50:41 AM
May I ask what makes you think this was after his first encounter with Dark Pegasus? I don't recall mummy being in the picture at that time.

I think it's a callback to this:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_933.php

As for Destania not being crazy, we don't know.  Abel was sure this was just a front.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2020, 05:29:48 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 14, 2020, 04:50:41 AM

I think it's a callback to this:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_933.php

As for Destania not being crazy, we don't know.  Abel was sure this was just a front.

Damn, I must've missed that.

Galis

This particular memory aside... I very much doubt Dan has no embarrassing memories a grandmother couldn't sniff out... he might want to be careful leading her on that!

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Galis on March 15, 2020, 10:40:34 PM
This particular memory aside... I very much doubt Dan has no embarrassing memories a grandmother couldn't sniff out... he might want to be careful leading her on that!
I wonder if over time he may trot a few out intentionally as his relationship with Cyra grows.

And now I'm wondering if this venture will turn his interests as a Cubi to dream manipulation.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on March 16, 2020, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: Galis on March 15, 2020, 10:40:34 PM
I wonder if over time he may trot a few out intentionally as his relationship with Cyra grows.

And now I'm wondering if this venture will turn his interests as a Cubi to dream manipulation.

Interesting thought.