2020/03/02 [MOTO 7-34] - No more hiding for him either

Started by Tapewolf, March 02, 2020, 06:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Oh, that does explain a few things.  I figured he was a Mimic Rights activist.  Which I guess he is as well.
However, given the lack of magic for that particular species, it's going to make the interview really awkward.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Well I guess it's weird or unnatural of a mimic to do magics of any kind, huh. Though I have a feeling he isn't going to want his secret getting out...
...By Puyon

InhumanInterest

Luckily that wont even require lying, just not mentioning the whole mimic part, a perfectly ordinary article on the fantastic work here without even hypothetical mimic discussion.

MT Hazard

Mimics have no magic, apart from that whole turning into animals thing it seems.  If that's no magic, what is it? Because It sure ain't science that's for sure.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Puyon

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 09, 2020, 10:40:56 PM
Mimics have no magic, apart from that whole turning into animals thing it seems.  If that's no magic, what is it? Because It sure ain't science that's for sure.

It's magic in the same way Felimara have magic. Felimara, being monsters like Snatch who can shift between feline and humanish, but since they're monsters, they can't call on the gods for magic.

So most monsters have innate magic unique to their species and such. Some people also have innate magic, being Mimics(shifting between a few forms), Weres(shifting to one designated form), Fey(whatever), and Shapeshifters(shifting into whatever but for a lil bit).

Mimics are unique on that list because Fey, Shapeshifters, and Weres* can all use gods' magic and Mimics cannot... so Mimics to the uneducated seem to be kind of like Felimara in that they're 'godless' but can change shape and are intelligent... so some people might categorize them as "really smart monsters" but in some people's books that might mean "lower than people".

*I... don't know if Griff, Rhinocerops, or Mimics can be weres, and I don't know if being weres would somehow allow them the ability to use gods magic as a hypothetically existing Mimic-Fey can use gods magic.

...that said... I don't actually know what strictly separates certain monsters from being people if "inability to use gods' magic" isn't it. It doesn't seem to be intelligence either since dragons and felimara are monsters and, even though he doesn't identify as one, Atrax is categorically a monster himself.
...By Puyon