Cosplay coming!I'm in!I so wanna win!Need suggestions!

Started by Leafar, September 25, 2006, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafar

I'm signed up at this Cosplay wich gives out a Nintendo DS and 10 games for the winner!!!!And i soooo want to win...I am counting on you guys to help me out here, ok? ;)
Firstly, i think i must look like the character...Pics of mine found at the Photo Album thread...
Suggestions anyone?

I am thinking of going as:

Richter Belmont

wich i love and look like btw...

Android 17

it's cool easy to make look like...

Vigilante

Fighting hero of the west...my fav so far...

so, suggestions?

Zedd

It all depends dude..Its not the clothes or how you make the costume...Its how you look totaly..Me and FKK talked alot about this before

insanekaosx

Even for a contest, cosplaying is big about what you want and how you like the character. You could be the best Naruto lookalike there is, but if you don't like naruto, what good is it? You won't be believable.

Make sure you go as someone you really like. Mind first, body second.

RJ

I'd actually avoid DBZ- it's one of the hardest cosplays to do since so many fail.

And as far as I can tell, Japanese girls do the best Naruto cosplays/crossplays. I'm attempting to cosplay as Sakura this weekend at Animania. Luckily my costume looks okay for it >.<

I would pick a character which suits your body type, or at least you already look a little like (I like to go by hair style myself).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, come on. Tell me Sailor Bubba isn't onto a winner? :-)+)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

:/ Sailor Bubba is made of fail. Cardcaptor Will is made of awesome.

And Man-Faye fails since he lost weight.

llearch n'n'daCorna

He lost weight? Awwww.

Yeah, that's a fail. Although his health comes first, obviously. I guess he'll have to come up with something else, although the bearded Sailor was a good one...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Slavkei

Zedd

Vidar

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

King Of Hearts

I DARE you to cosplay as Martian Manhunter!

But of your three, I pick Vigilante... course I dont think he's as recognizable.

Ah but what the hell, Sever Soldiers of Victory FTW!

Leafar

Jonn Jonn'z? nah...too weird...but i think the weirdest gets more attention...

i am also thinking about Aoshi...not hard and cool....everyone recognizes it.

what i really wanted to do is

besides he is my fav ever, i was thinking about bringing my cousin (he is 10 ) to make like the 2 versions...since the kid's clothes are quite easy to arrange...but cap. marvel i should order somewhere, or ask some madam to make me one...but i don't think it could be much like...i dunno....but it is what i really wanted to do.... :[

Jack McSlay

if you dress up as Jiban and sing the whole "Te dou queijo Jiban" like that daileon dude you're like, 200% sure to win  >:3

(ps.: do you usually attend to AnimeFriends?)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

bill

RJ

King Of Hearts

I think Cap would be easy enough. You'll just have to get the armbands and the emblem right, The same cloth used as a belt can be just wrapped around the arm neatly to look like a workable arm band if you dont want to fuss much.

for The Big Red Cheese's cape you can use an Elvis' impersonator's cape. IIRC Elvis fashioned that after Captain Marvel's anyway.

Personally, Id rather have girls or efferminate guys cosplay as bishies, they just pull it off better.
As for another cosplay idea... hmm... Laharl! *snicker* or better yet, Gill from Street Fighter 3!

Gareeku

Leafar

Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 26, 2006, 02:49:09 PM
if you dress up as Jiban and sing the whole "Te dou queijo Jiban" like that daileon dude you're like, 200% sure to win >:3

no can do, i have a friend named adalberto and he would surely kill me! :P

animefriends???

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Leafar on September 27, 2006, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 26, 2006, 02:49:09 PM
if you dress up as Jiban and sing the whole "Te dou queijo Jiban" like that daileon dude you're like, 200% sure to win >:3

no can do, i have a friend named adalberto and he would surely kill me! :P

animefriends???
http://www.animefriends.com.br

regardless, your cosplay choices are cool and all, but if you're going to a comp they'd likely to be overwhelmed by any well-done Iori cosplay (and some of them are not easily recognizable chars), competition can be tough. If you have some extra time to make up something, you could try chars like Optimus Prime, Captain Falcon, Link, K', Yashiro Nanakaze... These would look a lot more impressive

If you made a Gaogaigar cosplay, it would be hard for anyone to match you  >:3

Leafar

i have time it's only in december...
Gaogaigar??? :S mmmmmm....

i am also thinking about Bizarro:

all i should do is rent a superman costume (almost anywhere has it) make the backwards symbol, make up like scars on face, walk funny (i do that as natural : lol ) and have the hair all messed up...it would be cool...

but if i could do this:

RJ

Leafar

RJ

insanekaosx

I must agree, somethign about it just seems very computer-generated.

It could be real though *shrug* I can't be sure

Aridas

The people in the background look fuzzy, and so does the costume... but the ground doesn't... Meh.

... Go as Buriki Daioh.

Go Go Buriki Daioh!

Ima Wa Mukashi No BABIRONIA ( Babylonia )
Hagane No Kobushiga. Ten wo Tsuku

Igyo No Mashin Wo Taosu Tame
Okoride Hi Wo Tomose

Atsui Kokoro ga Yobisamasu
Buriki Daioh!. Ware Wa Ari!

>.> *shu's up*

Zedd

Yay giant robots! If that dont work...Try bender! Or Cats!

Jack McSlay

there's actually people who make some pretty awesome cosplaysof the kind. last animecon there was an Al guy who looked pretty awesome.

Gatts could be agood choice as well, if you can make up the armor pieces

King Of Hearts

How about Byakko no Kogenta from Onmyou Taisenki? you get to cosplay AND wear fuzzy ears and tail!

Bizzaro from Red Son could also make an impact...

...maybe get a Guy Fawkes Mask and you can go as Codename V

lucas marcone

go as waffle man! or better yet go as ranma 1/2 stuck between his/her transformqations.