2020-01-10 [DMFA #1962] - Spoiler!

Started by Tapewolf, January 10, 2020, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, that'll make a fun story for Alexsi.  But the guy is right, the fact that someone who worked at Lost Lake was nearly murdered by Hizell is a good enough reason to send a spy there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Don't worry, Alexsi. Abel wouldn't hold his father's death against your parents, save that they cheated him of a chance to murder the bastard himself.

HaDDea

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on January 10, 2020, 05:32:56 AM
Don't worry, Alexsi. Abel wouldn't hold his father's death against your parents, save that they cheated him of a chance to murder the bastard himself.

Mmmm, I dunno - for all the hatred(?) he bore his father, Abel never really joined in with Dee's plans for revenge, despite close to 400 years of opportunity. Besides, I got more the impression that Abel feared his father more than anything (and I'm not sure whether Abel has really ever resolved his feelings there now that his father is dead).

But, yeah, hoo boy - this is one snarly knot that's forming around the people of Lost Lake Inn.

I kinda like Curran's very Demon attitude towards vengeance: "be strong enough to take care of it yourself"

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: HaDDea on January 10, 2020, 06:30:16 AMMmmm, I dunno - for all the hatred(?) he bore his father, Abel never really joined in with Dee's plans for revenge, despite close to 400 years of opportunity. Besides, I got more the impression that Abel feared his father more than anything (and I'm not sure whether Abel has really ever resolved his feelings there now that his father is dead).

Abel said he had planned to kill his dad for his 400th birthday, though that might have just been his sarcasm/depression talking. I don't think he wanted to be involved with Destania because Destania is an evil, crazy rage monster.

Jasae Bushae

I imagine we would be freaking out a heck of alot more than we are if that side story hadn't existed
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on January 10, 2020, 07:42:32 AM
I imagine we would be freaking out a heck of alot more than we are if that side story hadn't existed

We've had page 1116, where Abel mentions that he was intending to kill his own father.  That would probably have been the freak-out page.  We later had p.1540 where Abel and Kria talk and mention that Alexsi's mother killed 'Aniz'.  We'd probably have had a theory going around that they were the same person.

Sofox

We also have this page: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1193.php

It and the following comic pretty explicitly state that records state Aniz was killed by Alexis' Mum. Whether the records are true of course is another question. (I have a theory about this, but I've stated it already back when the comic was more or less new)

Akktari

I just noticed that the next page showing Edward's marriages...Desiree Star (Being) is listed. Yet when they showed Aniz Siar it said cubi. Is Destainia posing as a being like Aniz did? The 2 names has always confused me.
Memory like Dory.

Kuzma Volkov

I feel like this is the perfect time for the basement rats to show up in the background with popcorn.

Lying Foo

She didn't know that?  If not... does she know he means her biological mother?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akktari on January 11, 2020, 05:25:55 AM
I just noticed that the next page showing Edward's marriages...Desiree Star (Being) is listed. Yet when they showed Aniz Siar it said cubi. Is Destainia posing as a being like Aniz did? The 2 names has always confused me.

She is absolutely not going to want her real name and race in the city database.  Otherwise Hizell would have found her with a single SQL command.

Akktari

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2020, 07:36:21 AM
Quote from: Akktari on January 11, 2020, 05:25:55 AM

She is absolutely not going to want her real name and race in the city database.  Otherwise Hizell would have found her with a single SQL command.

Good point
Memory like Dory.

Tuyu

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on January 10, 2020, 05:32:56 AM
The fact that Curran mentioned the life debt indicates pretty strongly that DP got this info from Kria, though apparently DP didn't spell out his source to Curran.

Though the way Curran said it does suggest Abel going after Alexsi because of Aniz's death, not the other way around.

InhumanInterest

"How did you find me?"
"I goggled you, you're really not doing a good job of going into hiding."

That's an exchange you don't see in movies much.