2019-11-25 [DMFA #1956] - It's all up to you

Started by MT Hazard, November 25, 2019, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Time to get serious Dan, its up to you to save an entire space station.

Hey, on the plus side he has lots of experience being in pain and at least two near death experiences, hopefully that should help him in his current predicament.  I wonder if Dest is also experiencing this? Might be enough to get her talking to Cyra again, if only to ask what the hell that was about.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

FairWage22

"Just want you to know we're all counting on you, good luck!"
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

InhumanInterest

Well, at least we got an answer to the cubi in space question, raw magic can protect them for at least a short time.

Nightmask

A reminder of the major downside to having a clan leader tri-wing, that two-way mental/emotional link when something bad is happening to them.  I wonder if Aarry's crying out of seeing someone she idolizes suffering like that, because she temporarily absorbed the emotions Dan was being hit by or diverted them to herself or if it's some mix of both.  I also wonder if Dan's mother is so closed off she can't feel any of her mother's emotional maelstrom or if even she can't block it completely and is undergoing some reaction right now as well.

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Nightmask on November 25, 2019, 02:40:49 PM
I wonder if Aarry's crying out of seeing someone she idolizes suffering like that, because she temporarily absorbed the emotions Dan was being hit by or diverted them to herself or if it's some mix of both.

I'm guessing the mix, I have to imagine the scale and intensity of emotion there is at least bleeding through her mental shielding and it's a pretty distressful thing to witness.

Hariman

Quote from: InhumanInterest on November 25, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: Nightmask on November 25, 2019, 02:40:49 PM
I wonder if Aarry's crying out of seeing someone she idolizes suffering like that, because she temporarily absorbed the emotions Dan was being hit by or diverted them to herself or if it's some mix of both.

I'm guessing the mix, I have to imagine the scale and intensity of emotion there is at least bleeding through her mental shielding and it's a pretty distressful thing to witness.

The whole situation is utterly horrifying, but Aary crying really hammers it home, as I can't recall her crying so seriously before, save for when she was accepting the breakup with Merlitz. 

Also... (For Dan.)

"Just want you to know we're all counting on you, good luck!"
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Angel

I think I speak for everyone when I say HOLY SHIT
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tuyu

It could be that Aary has known members of her own clan old enough to have experienced their leader's (Hrienth?) death.

I wonder if, among the things Dan actually wanted to learn, he had picked up the art of emotion-jammering. Probably another really bad idea, but he should be able to get her attention with what amounts to, "Hey, Gramma, watch me!" and then he could try to hit her with the happy memory.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on November 27, 2019, 01:43:24 AM
I wonder if, among the things Dan actually wanted to learn, he had picked up the art of emotion-jammering. Probably another really bad idea, but he should be able to get her attention with what amounts to, "Hey, Gramma, watch me!" and then he could try to hit her with the happy memory.

It'd be handy if he has, but I suspect it may take more than a couple of weeks to get good at.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wanderer

I've been thinking that emotion-jammering Cyra would be a good idea: if they can force her to be calm, they can work this out without potential disaster. However, I kind of suspect that it will take more than two cubi to overpower a tri-wing's panicked mind.