Sorry state of some webcomics.

Started by Darkmoon, September 15, 2005, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I did a rant on the site a little while back abotu how some webcomics are just too lazy/whiney to be allowd to continue, and that their artists really need to be shown what webcomicing should be about (the fun) since they'ev obviously lost the way for the path of capitalism (ie, money).

It gets worse now. Loserz, a comic I kinda dug, was recently down for like, half a year. Then the artist came back, bnut said his computer was dying. He did a drive, with promises of reglar updates afterwards if people helped him get a cool new comp. They did. I think they donated like 1500 bucks.

Now, he's posted, after a spotty update schedule for 3 months (barely updating most weeks), that he's quiting. That's just bull. Don't make your fans support you if you aren't gonna pay them abck in the long run. Jagoff.

Quientin

everyone here sticks to your stuff and we know you'd never pull that kinda **** on us

this story will only make us appreciate you more

Destina Faroda

And sadly that is the way 99% of webcomic artists are.  The only reason why the big guys keep staying is because they're making more money off donations and sales by continuing, and the only reason why the medium-sized and small guys don't do it is because they can't get away with it.  Heck, I'd go for it if I knew I'd get $1500.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Well, I don't think that's entirely true. There are those of us out there that do it for the fans first, and the money second (or not at all). I mean, money is nice, but you gotta love what you do first. I know it's that way with Mab and Myself. we had a discussion about that yestreday actually when I mentioned the Loserz thing to her.

It became a long bitchfest about Loserz and AMD (squidi.net).

And no, I wouldn't do that to my fans. But then, my fans are too cheap to really donate (j/k).

:spidey

Destina Faroda

There are very few of you out there.

Money can make one love what you do faster than just doing it, although some things are worth more than money.  Personally, I'd rather go for the pure unadulterated power of having people's undivided devotion.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I'd rather just make a webcomic that didn't suck. That's my goal.

Quientin

then you win.... round 2....... fight