2019-08-12 [DMFA #1937] Mab, Destroyer of ovens

Started by MT Hazard, August 12, 2019, 11:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Vol 1937

In all of this I keep thinking, why isn't she just holding the Banana? I supposed I'd be tempted to all sorts of nonsensical things like that if I could.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Cassi-kun

I want to know what Mab did to lose oven privileges to begin with. As for the banana, I wouldn't put it above her to use magic to hold it just because she felt like letting go but didn't want it to fall.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on August 12, 2019, 07:16:42 PM
I want to know what Mab did to lose oven privileges to begin with.

It's been mentioned that she blew it up on at least one occasion... that's going back a bit.  Page 210 is one of them, there's also mention of brownies on page 615.

Oh, the comment on the Katbox version is: "Ovens have a particular fascination for Fae because that is where the alchemy of food magic comes from. Unfortunately they are also the thing 98% likely to go terribly wrong if they are given access to one.  That last 2% though? The best food you'll ever eat. "

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuzma Volkov

You know you're serious about a diet change when you make your character join you on the diet.  :3

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 12, 2019, 07:50:13 PM
Oh, the comment on the Katbox version is: "Ovens have a particular fascination for Fae because that is where the alchemy of food magic comes from. Unfortunately they are also the thing 98% likely to go terribly wrong if they are given access to one.  That last 2% though? The best food you'll ever eat. "

"Azlan, real dumplin's, proper dumplin's that've been properly cooked to perfection- proper dumplin's should not bounce."

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tuyu

Quote from: Cassi-kun on August 12, 2019, 07:16:42 PM
I want to know what Mab did to lose oven privileges to begin with. As for the banana, I wouldn't put it above her to use magic to hold it just because she felt like letting go but didn't want it to fall.
Maybe she doesn't like to get banana smell on her hands.

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 13, 2019, 02:59:17 AM

"Azlan, real dumplin's, proper dumplin's that've been properly cooked to perfection- proper dumplin's should not bounce."
And they especially should not jump into your mouth while humming "Ride of the Valkyries".

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tuyu on August 18, 2019, 04:17:59 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 13, 2019, 02:59:17 AM

And they especially should not jump into your mouth while humming "Ride of the Valkyries".

Heh, that would be amusing. "The lamb was a bit of a flop, though." "The lamb?! Everyone thought the lamb was the cheese! And that lemon meringue pie, man, what was in that?" "I thought you liked that, you took some back." "Yeah, I wanted to try it on me athlete's foot!"