2018-10-29 [DMFA #1879] - Forty-two

Started by Tapewolf, October 29, 2018, 05:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Biggs' question is a little ambiguous and depends a lot on your background.

For a demon, or Hizell the answer is probably something like "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of the women".  For the other races it's less clear, especially the incomprehensible ones like the Fae.
For Beings it's liable to be a mixture of things like "To make more Beings" or "To defend and protect the rights of sentient creatures (unless they have wings)".

I guess we'll have to wait and see where this is going because there are many possible answers.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GreenReaper

I'd want to know who's life we were talking about before trying to assign a value.  :mowcookie

Tuyu

I think you're answering the wrong question, there.

I think the question is, "What is the value OF life." To you, to me, to anyone, to everyone.

Which makes it really hard to guess how he's going to turn this into "...and that's why all the dragons need to die."

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tuyu on October 30, 2018, 01:00:18 AM

I think the question is, "What is the value OF life."

To be honest, given that they were just talking about Biggs's past and about Dan's feelings of guilt, I kinda got the feeling he was about to tell Jy the weregild the San family got after all was said and done with Regina.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 30, 2018, 01:00:18 AM

I think the question is, "What is the value OF life." To you, to me, to anyone, to everyone.

Which makes it really hard to guess how he's going to turn this into "...and that's why all the dragons need to die."

Well, for insurance purposes, the value of life is probably around $50'000, probably less given that Furrae is a very vicious place.

However, to me, the question reads as "What do you want to leave as your legacy?"  In which case, a demon is likely to want to leave a massive body count and die in a spectacular manner that will leave the Beings talking about them for generations afterwards.

There are many places this conversation could go.  What is the value of Jyrras' life to himself?  Abel's life to himself?  Abel's life to Jyrras?  Hizell's life to the population at large?  Destania's life to the main cast?

We certainly know that the value of a Being's life to a Demon is very small.  And that might possibly be where Biggs is going with this, that Beings and lesser Creatures are considered worthless to the higher-ups and Something Must Be Done.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hariman

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!