2017-10-20 [DMFA # 1792] - Not my style

Started by Tapewolf, October 20, 2017, 10:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I didn't think Dan really had a fixed style much, so Mink's line is kind of surprising.
Off the top of my head, Dan has been known to dress in sensible casual clothes, wear a robe with enchanted protections, go adventurer style (shirtless with leather pants), or dress plain outlandishly for DDR or clubbing.

So short of something Daryil or Aaryanna might wear, I'm not sure what Dan might pick that's blatantly unexpected.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

Dan trains in heels so often he can stray on his feet in all kinds of terrains.  even when he has one of them in his mouth.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cassi-kun

He may have chosen something uptight and elegant... but I'm not sure why Mink would be so frantic about it, unless it's extremely prissy.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Grey Wolf

Quote from: e_voyager on October 20, 2017, 12:12:18 PM
Dan trains in heels so often he can stray on his feet in all kinds of terrains.  even when he has one of them in his mouth.

And due to past experience with the importance of being able to move in heels.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Cassi-kun

Also, I like the way Mink is just climbing Dan. He seems to have a thing for ridiculous forms of body contact. So with no breasts to hide between I guess climbing is the next best option!

jeffh4

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does Aaryanna know that Merlitz is presumed dead?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: jeffh4 on October 20, 2017, 10:55:36 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does Aaryanna know that Merlitz is presumed dead?
It seems like there's a lapse in contact between SAIA and Lost Lake currently.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2017, 10:19:16 AM
I didn't think Dan really had a fixed style much, so Mink's line is kind of surprising.
Off the top of my head, Dan has been known to dress in sensible casual clothes, wear a robe with enchanted protections, go adventurer style (shirtless with leather pants), or dress plain outlandishly for DDR or clubbing.

So short of something Daryil or Aaryanna might wear, I'm not sure what Dan might pick that's blatantly unexpected.

I'd recommend keeping in mind that many of the Cubi in SAIA likely do not have access to the archives of the comics so a great deal of their knowledge was likely from the times Dan has been at Academy.  So there is a chance what is unexpected to them will fall pretty well in hand for something you'd expect of Dan. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 21, 2017, 01:31:00 AM
I'd recommend keeping in mind that many of the Cubi in SAIA likely do not have access to the archives of the comics so a great deal of their knowledge was likely from the times Dan has been at Academy.  So there is a chance what is unexpected to them will fall pretty well in hand for something you'd expect of Dan. :U

True.  On the other hand, I figured that Mink especially has centuries of people-watching experience, and Dan's had mental shielding for about two weeks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prroul

Tcha, I mean... it's not even a kilt. 'cause Dan likes kilts, he has to. I mean, he wore one to the 'Cubi leader council meeting thing and all. So, natch, that's gotta be what he would *normally* wear, if not in his informal robes.

So it's probably some restrictive, confining tight leather outfit, like something an Adventurer might wear. 'cause yanno, that's TOTALLY not something he's ever worn at SAIA, therefore he must never have worn one before. For reals.

[This post brought to you by Warp Aci and supporters like you]

Merlin

keybounce

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 21, 2017, 01:31:00 AM

Does this mean that one or two of them do?

e_voyager

Well we know fa'lina does she displayed on at least one occasion when talking to Dan about his cubi ability's kicking in
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tuyu

Quote from: Merlin on October 22, 2017, 02:18:23 AM
Bring on the booty shorts
Great kilt.

I mean, why not?  We already know that there's a guy on campus making and selling kilts, Dan has done business with him before, and a great kilt would be "more formal".