Unforgetable

Started by Achirio, September 15, 2005, 01:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achirio

Got any day you wont ever in your life forget? I'm gonna share one of mine.
It was February 26 1998 and my home town, Maracaibo (in Venezuela in case your wondering what country), had a tottall solar  eclipse. I remember i went to the front yard to watch it along with my families and it was indeed the coolest thing i have seen in my life. You could feel the temperature dropping rapidly, and you could see the birds freaking out at the lack of sun. The total shadow was no more than a few minutes, but it felt like seconds because before we realized the sun was coming out again. heh the people on the streets where really exited, just as i was (only i didn't burst into clapping like a moron).
If you wondering why i sudenly remembered this... heh i just put on the tshirt i was wearing that day and somehow i remember it.
Ill add a picture from that day:

Darkmoon

That is fuckin pimp. Man that is just freaking cool lookin.

Green Lantern

I agree. The picture was taken and just the right time.

Crate

Neato.

Nothing like that ever happens in my life.

The most I hope for is it rains. (I love the rain)

Destina Faroda

Unfortunately, I feel as though I am doomed to forget all of my days.  There are some days of course that will take a while to forget.  September 11, 2001, then a trip I took three years later to the date, and the day I graduated from college.  I do remember the day there was a near total eclipse in this area, although I don't remember the date.  Those other days I do remember will fall into that same category.  Despite my memory roblems, I really don't keep a journal of my activities (and my Live Journal is more a dumping ground for random musings than anything else) simply because it's too hard fo me to remember to write something down every day that isn't junk.  Heck, I'm sure there have been and/or will be some days that I don't post on this board simply because I forget to. The only thing that sticks with me is the grwing sense of loneliness and isolation.  That I will remmber, the way everyone grows apart and nothing is said or felt toward those you once considered friends.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

heh, 9/11. Everyone's like "oh, a day of imfamy. no one will ever be the same after that." You know what? I was at the radio station I worked at when it happened. I was just getting off shift I think when the first plane hit, but becasue we didn't have a great news ticker, I didn't know about that until later. I was actualyl walking across campus when I guess everyone found otu about it, at least those that were near a TV. I worked on a painting for a whole hour before anyone said anything about it to me.

What'd I do? I shrugged and went back to work. Poeple in NY had issues, but if I didn't get my painting done I was really screwed.

I remember everyone running around that day, tearful. Mab and I were doing what we always do. A little sarcasm to lighten the mood, then I think we went out for lunch.

Destina Faroda

Well, actually, I didn't mean that my life was changed forever that day.  But it wasn't a day I could easily forget either.  It's weird because I was looking at TV with my mom at about 9:30 and there was this stupid infomercial for a treestand (the typpe used in).  She turned the station and there was the story that said "Multiple Plane Crashes"  The first thing we thought wasn't terrorism but something like radar not working or there was a major, cataclysmic malfunction in the planes.

Because of the events of 9/11 my campus pretty much shut down.  Heck, I actually went over there for a meeting even after learning of the events and the meeting was cancelled.  All classes and deadlines were postponed one day because of what happened.

I was somewhat scared because the air did become super quiet for that day with the exception of fighter jets flying overhead.  And yet they still expected people to go to work and stuff the next day.  I will never forgive the people in charage for not letting people to have even ONE day with their famillies at least to tell them they loved them.  If they shut down all the markets and stuff, why did they make everyone go to work the next day like nothing happened?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Oh, I agree. All or nothing.

Our campus did jack for it really. No cancelled classes or anything... which was fine by me really.

Quientin

i've spent a lot of time in newyork and without the towers it seems a little empty, since then its seemed like everyone there had a little piece of themselves die, when i come back to oklahoma i get to see the lot that use to be the murow building, i was close enough to hear the explosion on that one,  see the smoke, and watch the people during the aftermath.

9-11 is why i'm back in school. i don't take days to myself.  these asshole terrorists have killed friends and they almost killed my father last year.  most joined the military to show patriotism.  I'm joining the F.B.I. to show Anger.  Knowing how much i'd like to lash out at these people makesme realise that these events have changed me too.

sorry about the rant......... Bitchin Picture

ilpalazzo

All I did was watch the plane hit turned off the front room tv and played some star ocean, then went to school. just my normal things to do.

Darkmoon

Watching the buildings fall was rather pretty, in that detached kinda way...

Achirio

I was going with good memories with these thread, not bad O.o owell

Darkmoon

Uhm, good memories... erm...

Shit, I can't think of any nice ones...

Destina Faroda

Yeah, I don't have any good specific memories.  Just nostalgia.
Sig coming...whenever...

Jorge D. Fuentes

Unlike D'moon (who, as always, is detached), I was super-affected... but I think it's due to my closeness to the place.  I used to be able to see the Towers from my house, so this was really really close-by.

And now I work pretty much 'up the street' from there.

The further one is from any tragedy, the less one cares, although there are exceptions.  I too was being cheerful (my Anime Club and I just kinda ducked from all the people and went to the Anime Office and played games and watched Anime).

9/11 prevented us from showing Jin-Roh, which was on the same day (and a similar Subject  O_o).  Jin-Roh is an Anime about Terrorism.

I've been having pretty good days often, as of late, so I'm good.  I like the Saturdays when I go to Gaming Parties.  Gaming is great.  Work has been pretty good as well, and I'm not too pressed by deadlines.  I'd be contributing some more if my PC wasn't only recently resuscitated.

It's all good, though.

Destina Faroda

I've figured it out!  Jorge is stealing all our fun.  So if we force him to be miserable, it will knock all the fun out him and spread it among us so we can have fun memories.  And if he just becomes miserable, then we can all be angry, depressed, and jealous in harmony!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Quientin

.... i can't get away from terrorism..... somebody just successfully suicide bombed the stadium in the town I've spent the last ten years in........ am i a magnet for this shit?  i feel like I'm in the diehard trilogy and keep being a few miles away or a few days behind...... this is really starting to bother me

Quientin

sorry.... i'm not trying to be emo..... this is just really starting to get to me

Destina Faroda

I looked at that image of the eclipse.  If the "crown" were oriented toward the top, that's exactly what the star I saw the other day looked like.
Sig coming...whenever...