2017-09-15 [DMFA #1783] - Dodged a bullet

Started by Tapewolf, September 15, 2017, 04:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Dan has no clue how lucky he is.  Until one of Hizell's minons spots him, of course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2017, 04:15:17 AM
Dan has no clue how lucky he is.  Until one of Hizell's minons spots him, of course.

Not sure it's luck. Both Mab and Falina seemed to have manipulated things such that this would occur. Unsure if the phoenixes had any cause to play in it too, with talking to Pyroduck. Also Pip as well, who is actually the only reason why Mab decided to give her protection to the inn in the first place I recall(by manipulating things so that Mab's friends get put in danger).

Cassi-kun

I have to wonder what Dan's going to think of what's happened since he's been away, as well as how he's going to process what he's learned, too.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Nightmask

Quote from: Kibin on September 15, 2017, 05:33:10 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2017, 04:15:17 AM

Not sure it's luck. Both Mab and Falina seemed to have manipulated things such that this would occur. Unsure if the phoenixes had any cause to play in it too, with talking to Pyroduck. Also Pip as well, who is actually the only reason why Mab decided to give her protection to the inn in the first place I recall(by manipulating things so that Mab's friends get put in danger).

It's hard to imagine F'alina being that ruthless, since it required putting Abel in the spot he's now in.  Given what he'd already suffered in the past due to his father and Dan's mother I can't see her adding that kind of suffering onto his plate.  Her predictive ability had something like a month's range and I think the encounter with Hizell is outside that range as well, although I was always fuzzy on just how encompassing her power is so she might have been able to see that far.

Cassi-kun

Fa'Lina mentioned on page 1226 that her ability to foresee Abel's future would fade shortly. I haven't been able to find the page but she did predict Abel would face a Dragon, and when he met Pyro she assumed that was what she'd foreseen.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Eboreg

You know, the title of this comic is a bit of a misnomer....

As an avid military historian (and Kantai Collection fanboy :P) I can attest that warships passing in the night is a very violent affair.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.