Previous topic - Next topic

keybounce

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_137.php

So Azlan is another Fae around town. Now that we know more about Fae:

1. Who did he give boons to?
2. Who does he consider a friend
3. What effect did his boons have?

FoxFeather

Warning:  I do not know Amber or Azlan's original player, so take the following as uther and complete speculation on my part. Also no source for some of the info because I just came back from work and am too tired to look for them. I don't think I got any of the non-speculative info wrong however.

Hi, lurker here! I like speculation, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents about the Azlan case :3 (also because he was my favorite character. Go foxes!) He hasn't been seen in a while, but we still know a few thing about him: He's Fae, married to a Cubi(Neni), Works as an Adventurer. Also possess a squeaky Koala of doom. In the past we've seen that Fae, before entering a world, decides a few rules and a role for themselves. They can easilly be destroyer of world in one, and be a savior in another. They are potent beings, and they have the potential to be whoever and whatever they want. But once they've decided, they stick to that role. In the last comic as of this posting, for exemple, we learn that Mab decided to respect people's free will and limit the effect she has on this world. She is there to live a 'normal' life, at least as normal as a fae can.

I think that Azlan pushed his role in this world even farther than mab did. Mab is carefree, she lives in a side-universe, uses her power when she want and/or need, so long as it fits into her role. She lives as a fae in a mortal world. Azlan, meanwhile, is married. He has a regular job. We've never seen him make ANY use of his power. I think that in this world, he's living as a Mortal. Literally.

Azlan doesn't do any boon, because he literally can't. In this world, he chose to take on the life of a mortal, and he can't do that with the power of a Fae, that would be pretending. And Faes usually don't do things half-way. So I believe that, as long as he lives in Furae, he simply doesn't HAVE any of the power a normal Fae has. He got rid of it(More on this later). This help explain why he uses an enchanted item to hide his wings and antenna, instead of doing it himself. We know it's possible, we've seen Rose do it. But it is done using a fae's own power, which is inacessible due to the role he has taken up. So he has to make do with the method available to other mortals in this world, which in this case, would be patches.

Now, what did he do with this power? We enter the truly speculative phase of things: I think bearing it within himself, even if he doesn't touch it, wouldn't fly as far as Fae's roleplaying go. Mortals don't have illimited power within their bodies, now do they? Again, that would just be pretending. But Azlan IS known to return to the Fae's world from time to time, so he still needs to have access to it. So I think that he just stored it. Somewhere nobody would ever think to find it, but still where he'll be able to find it easilly. And what does he always carry that most people disregard but holds great importance for him? THE SQUEAKY KOALA OF DOOM. The problem is solved, he gets to live as a true mortal, can still access his power when he wants to drop the role, and best of all, there is an artifact of litteral doom in the world, which is always great because Fae LOVE to play with the odds.

There's a bit more to my reflexion than this, but like I said, I'm really tired from work, so that's all I'm gonna put for now :D Hope you enjoyed my theory at least!