9/20/06- FLOSSING CHRIST WE KNOW WHAT HE IS NOW!

Started by Boog, September 19, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

You are standing in front of a white house.

There is a mailbox here.

Reese Tora

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2006, 05:00:25 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 23, 2006, 09:17:12 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 23, 2006, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 22, 2006, 04:04:04 PM
A of in twisty maze are you, passages little.

:-)

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

[10 geek points to the first who knows what that's from... without using google or wikipedia :P ]

I think it's from Labryth with David Bowie is that right?..........................

No. Try Zork. Which is *not* where my twisted version came from.

... since I posted the original, does that count?

Very close, but it comes from something that pre-dates zork by a couple years.
However, as it also appears in Zork, I will give you the points anyway.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Silverfoxr

no offerance guys, but topics go jumping from one topic to another - in one particular thread WAY to much at the moment
i know i am properly talking to thin air, but just pointing it out

e_voyager

persoanly silver i stoped responded becase i lost trak of what the topick was talking about.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

Persoanlly, I don't mind topic shift, when it happens, becasue if there's something relevant to the original topic people will go with it.  It's much more fluid and natural for me to have the topic of conversation shift around as one thing or another sparks thoughts in people's heads that go off on a tangent.

And, thankies Silver, for setting us another tangent to go off on. >:3

Weleho Rogan

It's called "topic Hi-jacking" and some forums consider it baaaad

and others consider it gooooood.

I'm new here, so I just go with the flow  :)

bill

Reese Tora

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 24, 2006, 02:57:27 PM
I thought that was from Adventure, not Zork.  D:

It is, originally from Adventure.  That was the one I was going for. (Collosal Cave Adventure, to give the full name)  However, the phrase also shows up in Zork when you enter certain areas. 

(I went searching before I summarily dismissed Zork, as I recalled it being in Zork too... I had to load up a game of zork online and navigate to the right area to confirm, as there were no web pages that held the info!)

*Bill Buckner steals the 10 geek points from llearch n'n'daCorna*

bill

I never played Zork. I did play Planetfall and Stationfall, though.

Weleho Rogan

ah I had totally forgotten about this game  :) I've never played it through and lo, there's a version for windows available for download on internet - yay.
Good way to fulfill retro-addiction, as I just playe through MI and MI2, this time using german as language  :3

e_voyager

your system can do that? where is the game forme?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aww, nuts. I'll have to go back to reinstalling my firewall, then, to regain my geek points, I guess. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Weleho Rogan

http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/e_downloads.html
that should work.

(there are multiple versions, I use Adventure 3 atm. As there's a dos/windows version as a pure executable for a simpleton like me  :laugh)

ShiningShadow

I haven't played Zork in years since the pc was soo cool then. But I never played any more pc games the recent one I played is a plane game over the pacific or something like that..............

Weleho Rogan

Games that involve flying are their whole own world of using a computer   :P
I bought Pacific Fighters almost as soon as it got released and I sure am glad I bought it  :)

ShiningShadow

Really that's cool blowing up stuff and shooting down planes *wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*......................

e_voyager

what i really like was his explaniton for how he got around Array/s inquirlys as to what he was.

Weleho Rogan

yep, that was smooth talk in it's best form  :)

Simple and effective, using one's weaknesses to herd the subject like a sheep   >:3

afterall, Pyro possibly knows that only 'Cubi who are proud of themselves being 'cubi show their wings amongst beings.

Zedd

And for a side note of parody of Zork..We may play Ye Dungon man! Try to get ye flask!

Aridas

Nah, not Zork, just every text adventure in existence. >.>

Weleho Rogan

I used to play this text-based MMO called "Grendel's Revenge". Schweeet experience.

e_voyager

ShiningShadow

Don't worry hvae a cookie  :mowcookie and pancakes, muffins, waffles *put plates in front of you*...................

e_voyager

komissarmakarov

Argh! No more talk of food! I'm fasting! I'M FASTING! :help

Reese Tora

Quote from: Komissar Makarov on September 27, 2006, 01:12:52 AM

funny, so are some of my co-workers
(or so they say... I saw one of them with a takeout container at his desk :U )

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 27, 2006, 01:39:25 AM
Quote from: Komissar Makarov on September 27, 2006, 01:12:52 AM

funny, so are some of my co-workers
(or so they say... I saw one of them with a takeout container at his desk :U )

Was it almost sunset at the time? If so, they may have just been getting ready to break their fast. If not- THY'RE HEATHENS! HEATHENS!

Zedd

Hmmm fasting huh...What is this a religious theme?