Comic 200

Started by Destina Faroda, September 15, 2005, 12:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Finally the moment has arrived!

Well, it's good and it features a whole bunch of one-liners (my favorite: "I WAS YOUR SECOND CHOICE!").  It's been a while since there've been any Supplementals, and it's good to see Alec again, although I half expected him to do it in a dress.

It's not quite the epic I expected, but good for several laughs.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Epic? It's not epic?  It has Thunderdome!

Helena

It was....alright. The second choice deal was the funniest I believe too. And the plot twist deal was alright. Eh....
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Xuzaf D

It has a miscount explaination like the Simpsons 300th episode that mentioned it was 299 (That's because the "first" episode was the Simpsons Christmas special, as I'm sure you all knew).

Darkmoon

Yeah, I remember all that.

Well jeez. I can't please everyone apparently.

Helena

I don't care what number or issue it is, as long as it is funny... :meh
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

Yes, we already know you didn't like it.

Destina Faroda

Wait a minute...Tonight is comic 200 too.  You know what this means.  We get two comics for the price of one.  And this one's way better than the last 200, for a good reason.

It's Blacula!

*marks out*
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

lmao. Have you actually seen Blacula?

Destina Faroda

Yes, I saw it a LONG time ago, but like most movies I forgot most of it since it's been over five years since I last saw it.  I do need to see it again.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

It's really kinda bad. But fun in that bad 70's blaxploitation kinda way.

And how many webcomics do you get to read that have Blacula in any kind of role, let alone recurring?

Destina Faroda

How many comics have characters who are not white, Asian, or non-distinct (like furries, aliens, etc)?  Especially sprite comics?  Not many.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

He looks a little more hispanic than black, but we deal with the limitations of sprites.

More character would probably be black if it wasn't for the fact that most are currently based on video game or related characters.

Maybe for the second game...

Destina Faroda

Well, I can understand as far as sprite comics go, but what about hand-drawn comics?  What's their excuse?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Hrmm, well Blascula hasn't yet appeared in hand-drawn form... But Shaft did, and he's appeared as both a white dude (by Sindra), and a black dude (by Mab). Hrmmmm...

Destina Faroda

I meant in OTHER comics.
Sig coming...whenever...

Quientin