2017-04-01[tBoT #1] Moar Comix!

Started by Qwex1, April 01, 2017, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwex1

Always nice to see more comics from your favourite creators!

As a side note: Do we have to wait untill they invent smellovission to see... I mean smell the scratsch-n-sniff version? I really would like to se how well it gets the message through with only smell
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Tapewolf

I was a little nervous about this.  In some ways it was intended as a holding move, to give me time to finish writing the new story I'm working on codenamed 'bounty', or the comic version of Aisha's series 'The Harvester' (probably 'The Harvest' in comic since 'The Harvester' is a chain of restaurants here).

Besides, taking what amounts to an instructional manual and turning it into a comic... wasn't sure it would turn out readable, after all, it doesn't have a plot, though I've attempted to make it interesting by the use of visual gags.  However, when I gave Merlin the storyboard she was like a kid at Christmas.  Which made me nervous as well but in a different way.

I've tried to style this on DMFA's Question from the Readers strips, which means that Daryil is even less constrained than usual because this is a comic within a comic.  Or an instructional video within a comic.  Or something.  We'll see.

Ideally I'd have run the first page, but Merlin (sensibly) wanted to buffer things first.
All the same, in case anyone's feeling short-changed because they've just got some words and a picture of the clan mark, here's an excerpt from next fortnight's page:

...hope people enjoy it!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Besides, taking what amounts to an instructional manual and turning it into a comic... wasn't sure it would turn out readable, after all, it doesn't have a plot, though I've attempted to make it interesting by the use of visual gags.  However, when I gave Merlin the storyboard she was like a kid at Christmas.  Which made me nervous as well but in a different way.

That's exactly how I imagine Merlin when she gets something new to comic. xD

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2017, 12:50:03 PM

I'm gonna be able to fit soooooo many cameos in and characters I barely ever get to draw, mwa ha haaaaaa

Like that girl in the preview! Been so long sine I drawn her!

Puyon

Quote from: Merlin on April 01, 2017, 07:14:17 PM
I'm gonna be able to fit soooooo many cameos in and characters I barely ever get to draw, mwa ha haaaaaa

Like that girl in the preview! Been so long sine I drawn her!

Wait what? I don't think I've seen her before, what

speaking of cameos i will be overjoyed if Marina makes an appearance
...By Puyon

Merlin

Quote from: Puyon on April 01, 2017, 09:28:56 PM
Wait what? I don't think I've seen her before, what

speaking of cameos i will be overjoyed if Marina makes an appearance

A loooong tiiime agooooo http://projectfuturecomic.com/strip.php?strip=245

SO MANY CAMEOS WILL BE HAD