2017/3/30 [RE 51.Filler 1] In the Forest of Knobweed

Started by Puyon, March 30, 2017, 11:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puyon

I forgot the plants can have pretty absurd names. Like... Sneezewort! Turkeycorn! Lambsquarters! Skunk Cabbage! I could keep going. There's been many generations of 13 lines of guardians. There's gotta be some who adopted a strange name.

I hope there were inverse cases for the Champions too, being named after silly rocks and what not. Dickite. Fukalite. Tuff. Gabbro.
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Patches of animal traits and scaler wings? Interesting character. Some sort of wild hybrid?

Puyon

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 30, 2017, 02:02:47 PM
Patches of animal traits and scaler wings? Interesting character. Some sort of wild hybrid?

Half-human, half-scaler, actually! The leader of the bandits that Claw fought was a human/scaler mix too: http://dhscomix.com/rchara/rchara.php?p=enkarentarl

Pointed ears are a pretty regular scaler trait (seen in Drake, Nova, and Hexetani for example). Gotta wonder why its only the half-human mixes who get the scale patches though... Taide's half-scaler, half-feathry, but he doesn't have the patches...
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Ah, for a second I thought those were patches of fur.

Merlin

Since I designed Taide so long ago I didn't really think of it....
.......but he prolly has a scaly butt

Also there like definitely has to have been like a dragon guardian or two named after the more illicit kinds of plants

Tapewolf

Around 2004 my company at the time was setting up a network for our nice new office.  The machines were all named after trees.  I had two - 'Dogwood' for the main machine, and my linux box was called 'Baobab'.  It was surprising how many people had never heard of that one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 30, 2017, 08:04:01 PM
Around 2004 my company at the time was setting up a network for our nice new office.  The machines were all named after trees.  I had two - 'Dogwood' for the main machine, and my linux box was called 'Baobab'.  It was surprising how many people had never heard of that one.

I've never heard of it. :U

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 30, 2017, 08:04:01 PM

Baobabs are rad, such a strange shape. Though now I'm remembering folk names for plants here and regretting not including Bushman's Dunny Paper

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 30, 2017, 09:11:42 PM
I've never heard of it. :U

I think it was the tree under which Buddha meditated but I could be wrong.  Either way, they're weird plants.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E