Passage of time

Started by barehunter, January 04, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barehunter

Binge reading the comic gives the benefit of seeing the events pass moment by moment instead of week by week. Now I may be wrong but it seems that, even though 15 years has passed for us, I think only about 2 years have actually passed in the comic itself. What do you guys think?

P.S. I hate that verification thing. It discourages me from posting. grrr

James StarRunner

No more than 2 years I think. And I think the verification thing is temporary. I don't even remember any verification thing anymore.

Amber Williams

Yeah the verification thing if I recall right is time based because there has been a lot of really aggressive spam-bot like things going into effect.  So newer members have sort of a "we gotta make it tricksy" to kind of help cull out the bots.  :I

But I don't expect you'll have to verify forever.  Its more just a thing of keeping bot accounts from signing up and then just going nuts on the spam out of the gates.

Tuyu

Hard to say about the passage of time in the early comics. But Abel arrived at the Inn in comic #600. I've lost track, but I don't think it's been more than about 10 weeks since then.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: barehunter on January 04, 2017, 06:23:57 AM
Binge reading the comic gives the benefit of seeing the events pass moment by moment instead of week by week. Now I may be wrong but it seems that, even though 15 years has passed for us, I think only about 2 years have actually passed in the comic itself. What do you guys think?

P.S. I hate that verification thing. It discourages me from posting. grrr

The verification thing is only there for the first ten posts. And, as Ambaargh says, is there to stop spambots. :-(

They're why we can't have nice things.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears