DMFA and a long return

Started by barehunter, January 02, 2017, 05:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barehunter

I have returned to reading DMFA after being away for 11 years. I did a binge read of the comic starting back when Falina first brought Dan to SAIA. So I read literally hundreds of the comic before posting anything here so I could be relevant. Needless to say it took me a couple of days. I don't think this is the same forum that existed back when last I posted. At that time we had a Lost Lake house in second life and a bunch of us forum members hung out there. I cant seem to find the place anymore. I went away for so long because I met a girl and spent more time in the real world instead of reading comics and posting in all their forums. We got married, had a child, then she passed away in 2015. The reason I return now is my older son re-discovered DMFA. I remember the comic and my fellow forum members with fondness. Amber as well. I doubt I will post as often as I used to, but it is nice to be back.

Foxx Trotter

It may be a different version of the forum (and/or provider) than the last time you were on the site.  According to the main page, although the copyrights need to be updated, The Clockwork Mansion seems to go back to 2003.  DMFA began in around 1998 or 1999 and CVRPG in 2005.  With Darkmoon overseeing this forum, I expect it at least goes back to 2005.

Tapewolf

Ouch.  Sorry to hear about your wife.

I started reading DMFA around 2005 as well.  The forum was hosted on The Nice at that point, which I think was a service set up for Freefall - but I'm not sure.
The move to CMF happened sometime in 2006 as we outgrew the old forum host.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: barehunter on January 02, 2017, 05:00:18 PM
I have returned to reading DMFA after being away for 11 years. I did a binge read of the comic starting back when Falina first brought Dan to SAIA. So I read literally hundreds of the comic before posting anything here so I could be relevant. Needless to say it took me a couple of days. I don't think this is the same forum that existed back when last I posted. At that time we had a Lost Lake house in second life and a bunch of us forum members hung out there. I cant seem to find the place anymore. I went away for so long because I met a girl and spent more time in the real world instead of reading comics and posting in all their forums. We got married, had a child, then she passed away in 2015. The reason I return now is my older son re-discovered DMFA. I remember the comic and my fellow forum members with fondness. Amber as well. I doubt I will post as often as I used to, but it is nice to be back.
I had visited the Lost Lake place in Second Life before, though I was a rare face in Second Life.

I got busy in the real world too, even getting married as well. Even now I don't post regularly. I can never find the words to convey how sad I feel for someone's passing, but I welcome you back and hope your kids find joy here too.